2011 Chevy Cruze

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Did you get it mounted? I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and about the same Uniden scanner and have no idea where to put it. If you take the center compartment on the dash out, it will mount and look better I think. I'm just worried about someone breaking in and stealing it since it's so out in the open.

Pics are in the thread

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
I think I would try and get a RH-96. They are very pricey but would make your instal much easier.

I have a BCt15 I was trying to figure out how to mount. My wife said no to all the drilling and cutting of the dash since it was a new car. So I showed her and bought a HomePatrol. Installed nice and clean with no complaints from the MRS except the price.

Justin

Ha-Ha! :lol:

mlmummert

How are you guys powering your equipment? I have a 2012 Cruze which I think is the same as the 2011. Anyway it has a fuse block under the steering wheel, on the left. Would that be the best place to get power and ground from?

fineshot1

kma371 i went to the right side of my similar 2011 Malibu with a LIDO Mount and the adhesive pad but the 3M adhesive pad itself was a problem during the very hot days of the summer so i had to use some self taping screws and i don't mind the look - does not bother me. This is an Icom IC-900A control head, pic 1 was before screws added.

Attachments

• 111311154553.jpg
    111311154553.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 996
  • 0921121450c.jpg
    0921121450c.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,033

ZOU4Life

Premium Subscriber
Yea I cut out some of the back, got it to fit.

I'm probably going to mount it in the glove box like you did. You just cut out the back? Did you screw in the scanner to the bottom of the glove box? Did you wire a speaker out to your scanner? Thanks!

kma371

QRT
I'm probably going to mount it in the glove box like you did. You just cut out the back? Did you screw in the scanner to the bottom of the glove box? Did you wire a speaker out to your scanner? Thanks!

Yeah I had to cut out the back or it wouldn't fit (couldn't close the glove box).

My Cruze has a ext speaker jack plug in the center armrest. So I just ran a 1/8 stereo plug behind the glove box to the armrest.

kma371

QRT
kma371 i went to the right side of my similar 2011 Malibu with a LIDO Mount and the adhesive pad but the 3M adhesive pad itself was a problem during the very hot days of the summer so i had to use some self taping screws and i don't mind the look - does not bother me. This is an Icom IC-900A control head, pic 1 was before screws added.

Looks good. Too visible for me though :)

fineshot1

Looks good. Too visible for me though :)

There are not many options on these new vehicles so that was just about the only
option i had with the icom IC-900A and ID-800H radios i have and when i leave the
car after parking it a hat is draped over the 900A control head and is covered up and not
visible. The hat also serves to remove the head from the direct sun light and keep it cooler than
having it in the sun. The band stack for the 900A is in the trunk.

ZOU4Life

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I had to cut out the back or it wouldn't fit (couldn't close the glove box).

My Cruze has a ext speaker jack plug in the center armrest. So I just ran a 1/8 stereo plug behind the glove box to the armrest.

What kind of coax cable & connector did you run from your scanner to antenna?

mardor

Center of the dash is the best place you dont have to take your eyes off the road that much.And when you park for a long time put it under the seat.

kma371

QRT
Center of the dash is the best place you dont have to take your eyes off the road that much.And when you park for a long time put it under the seat.

Not really. As someone pointed out if you get into an accident it will come flying at y your head. :)

sonticus

Like the setup, but I'm curious about the antenna mount. Does it allow you to quickly tilt the antenna down if you need to?

I'm looking at getting a similar one to mount on my luggage rack but I want to be able to tilt it down in a hurry if I'm driving into a parking garage or something similar.

Also, are you still satisfied with the Maldol?

kma371

QRT
Like the setup, but I'm curious about the antenna mount. Does it allow you to quickly tilt the antenna down if you need to?

I'm looking at getting a similar one to mount on my luggage rack but I want to be able to tilt it down in a hurry if I'm driving into a parking garage or something similar.

Also, are you still satisfied with the Maldol?

yes. the antenna folds down as long as you loosen the screw. or you can just unscrew the antenna and put on the cap.

the antenna receives very well on UHF and VHF not so much lo band

Status
Not open for further replies.