2011 John Deere 8285R Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsigg

Here is my install in a John Deere 8285R, pretty straight forward, as it was equipped with the Mobile Radio ready kit.

Attachments

• 8285R-cdm.jpg
    8285R-cdm.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 7,767

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Interesting,what are you using the radio for? Where did you put a antenna?

bsigg

Interesting,what are you using the radio for? Where did you put a antenna?

It's just for farm use, just to keep in touch with during seeding/while doing field work.

The Antenna is mounted on the roof of the tractor using the factory installed NMO mount. It's a plastic roof so it's a no ground plane 3 db antenna.

I will take a picture later.

bsigg

Here is the antenna pics.

Attachments

• 8285R-cdm1.jpg
    8285R-cdm1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 7,379
  • 8285R-cdm2.jpg
    8285R-cdm2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 4,708

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I didn't know that JD had factory NMO mounts on the tractors but it makes perfect sense - many farm operations use radios to communicate between the trucks, tractors, shop, house, whatever. Nice install!

SCPD

QRT
My neighbor took a look at this thread and she thinks your tractor is sexy. She thought this to be a unique, new comment. I told her someone had already said that about a tractor in a country-western song popular around 2000.

W0JJK

Looks good.

I have installed radios in Case IH's and a JD 4020 and finding a good spot was interesting. No Ground antennas work great.

bsigg

I didn't know John Deere had a radio ready package. That is a great looking setup.

Yeah the only thing in the kit that is worth anything is the coax and NMO mount, the wiring is shady at best,
get this the switched power was 16 gauge, the battery power was 18 gauge, so I said F that and ran the wire down to an implement power source.

Someone needs to tell John Deere that radios need bigger wires, at least 14 gauge.

Initially I would assume that the tractor would need some barrier insulation to hear the radio, but from your pics, it looks like JD builds their tractors as well as the standard automobile industries.

bsigg

Initially I would assume that the tractor would need some barrier insulation to hear the radio, but from your pics, it looks like JD builds their tractors as well as the standard automobile industries.

The cab is really quiet, but the HVAC fan sounds like a Boeing is taking off inside the cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.