2012-2014 VIPER Discussion (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumbo7

Premium Subscriber
That breakdown of information was great. I have been using a Radio Shack Pro-106 scanner for a while now to monitor my area which mainly includes VIPER. I, however, am definitely not an expert on the subject. The entire thing about status bits is completely new to me. How does the Pro-106 handle status bits? and is there anything specific I need to do to monitor those?

fcb

Davidson County Viper tower has been installed. Appears to be ready for antennas. Also, the footings for the Welcome site in Davidson County have been installed.

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
This is still a strange one for me,i put (868.9875) which shows control for lancaster sc palmetto 800 system.i have not found this in the nc viper data base. i receive no sc traffic on this ,however i do receive all cumberland co tgs and trp B and other state tgs.anybody else tried this are can you explane this.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
GB1952 - Mike Hodgson answered your question on page 75 of the 2008-2012 NC Viper Archive.

If you were hearing the Lancaster Co control channel, you'd be hearing data 99% of the time ... not voice.

Also mentioned previously, Lancaster is not just below the state border from Fayetteville / Cumberland Co. But Dillon, S.C.is right on the border, along I-95. And S.C. does have a non-trunked 800 repeater there.

oft

Premium Subscriber
whitehelmet:

are you sure that you got "9296"? The reason why I was asking is that there is a listing in the Viper database of tgid# "59296" which is "New Hanover CMC WIlmington VMI12" which is part of ViperMed

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
whitehelmet:

are you sure that you got "9296"? The reason why I was asking is that there is a listing in the Viper database of tgid# "59296" which is "New Hanover CMC WIlmington VMI12" which is part of ViperMed

I am pretty sure he had 9296 correct. That was once one of the Triangle Transit Authority (TTA) analog Talkgroups but has been reassigned since TTA moved to digital TGs.
Let me see if I can get an ident for yall.
Marshall KE4ZNR

oft

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up the tail end of a conversation (10-4 over and out) on tgid # 18992 via the VIPER system

I also picked up tgid # 18136 twice in the last five minutes with what appears to be either data or encryption via the VIPER system. No voice

trumpetman

Database Admin
Any info on the new viper tower going up in moore co

Should be the Southern Pines site.

FCC: WQMF445.
PCC: 868.5125
ACC: 868.1125

Not sure if it'll be a zone 1 or 2 site. Keep an ear on these frequencies and let us know when it becomes active!

VIPER is still growing folks, might not hurt to do a quick search from 850-870 MHz (or there abouts) every few weeks and see if anything is new. I'll usually do a full spectrum sweep every few weeks when I'm bored to look for new things.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Should be the Southern Pines site.

FCC: WQMF445.
PCC: 868.5125
ACC: 868.1125

Not sure if it'll be a zone 1 or 2 site. Keep an ear on these frequencies and let us know when it becomes active!

VIPER is still growing folks, might not hurt to do a quick search from 850-870 MHz (or there abouts) every few weeks and see if anything is new. I'll usually do a full spectrum sweep every few weeks when I'm bored to look for new things.

I check every day so far no activity on the southern pines site.

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tower info will keep a watch on freqs,picked up tg 50656 marine fisheries south on cumberland co tower for a short while.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I had a few hits on TG #9008, that isn't Wake Co IMAP anymore is it? Thanks

9008= One of the Ashe County Sheriff Investigation TGs.
I have updated the database with Ashe County TGs.
Marshall KE4ZNR

I am pretty sure he had 9296 correct. That was once one of the Triangle Transit Authority (TTA) analog Talkgroups but has been reassigned since TTA moved to digital TGs.
Let me see if I can get an ident for yall.
Marshall KE4ZNR

At first, I thought it may have been the VMI tg, but the people talking were talking about driveways and trailers in a trailer park. They way they were talking didn't sound like a medical user, at least to me. Perhaps Marshal can find an indet on the 9296 TG.

oft

Premium Subscriber
whitehelmet1202:

I need to apologize to you and say that I am sorry for doubting you. Earlier this evening at 19:13 EST per my Trunk88, I briefly picked up the 9296 tgid you were referring to earlier (I looked at the display of my scanner simultaneously and only saw 9296 for approx 5 seconds). It's legitimate.

I can not tell you any of the conversation because the scanner was monitoring the wilmington VIPER primary control channel only and the audio was the CC data noise. Also, I could not tell you the talkgroup name because either it is not identified or I do not have the Trunk88 properly configured. I finally figured out how to get it to display the tgid's earlier this evening. I am leaning towards not having the Trunk88 properly configured because none of the tgid's that came up in Trunk88 that are in the VIPER database were identified by Trunk88. (I am referencing my post in the software thread and am crossing a thin line between blurring the threads)

---

I also picked up minutes later tgid # 18992 (and tgid# 19904 that may be the same thing based on the conversation about status bits if i understand correctly) that is not in the database under these same conditions using the C-CH Output / CC data noise going into Trunk88.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am sure the correct TGID is 9296 and I am working on verifying the user(s).

oft-- Catch up with me over email and I will help you get your T88 install
tweaked to perfection. I also recommend spending time looking over the
T88 Yahoo group archive as it has a lot of good info within. Just take your time and get used to the dos-like commands
and you will get the hang of it. :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

randyK

Any ideas on TG # 7440, looks like a couple of radio techs were talking on "Viper TSU NOC", then switched to this, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.