2012-2014 VIPER Discussion (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Looking for ID for Viper TG 65456 heard on CC 868.5750 and/or 868.8875, Barium Springs and/or Mooresville Sites.
Conversation appeared to be about a CI, sounded like a drug task force or something.

Not finding anything in this thread, the database, or lord forbid, Google.

Good catch.
65456 is a new Iredell Sheriff Investigation TG.
Added to the database.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Good catch.
65456 is a new Iredell Sheriff Investigation TG.
Added to the database.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

I'll try to plug in 460.1000 and compare with the new talkgroup to see if it is patched or not. The UHF freq is their TAC channel.

jumbo7

Premium Subscriber
51056=Warsaw Police 1
45792= Duplin Sheriff Investigative/DV

Also check the Viper Database under Pender County for two morre Warsaw PD TalkGroups

Thanks for the Information. Do you know of any other talkgroups from the Duplin county area that are not in the database?

IredellMon

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
Monitored some testing on tg#28800 off lee co tower,then switched to 700 for more testing

jumbo7

Premium Subscriber
Picked up tgid # 18992 again earlier this afternoon. It is some sort of medical transport helicopter. The conversation was of aeronautical talk about altitude, weather conditions, and how many minutes of fuel left in the helicopter. There was also audible mention of two passengers on board consisting of patient plus the patient's husband.

I have picked this Talkgroup up quite a bit lately. I have heard dispatching operations for NHRMC's Airlink and Vitalink. Many times I will hear a Vitalink or Airlink unit call in on this channel by calling their callsign and then saying "on Viper". Then they proceed with any detailed info. I don't know for sure what the channel is but that is what I have definitely heard on it. Hope this helps.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have picked this Talkgroup up quite a bit lately. I have heard dispatching operations for NHRMC's Airlink and Vitalink. Many times I will hear a Vitalink or Airlink unit call in on this channel by calling their callsign and then saying "on Viper". Then they proceed with any detailed info. I don't know for sure what the channel is but that is what I have definitely heard on it. Hope this helps.

I have gone ahead and added this to the VIPER database under New Hanover County.
We have enough confirmation to have it in there.
Thanks for everyone helping get this Ident.
Marshall KE4ZNR

oft

Premium Subscriber
Picking up tgid #12352 numerous times tonight with noise that sounds like CC data noise. Using the rule of 16's of Status Bits, it is exactly halfway between #12336 (Pasquotank County Mutual Aid) and # 12368 (Haywood Mutual Aid)

Last edited:

randyK

Some of the SHP Troop D (Greensboro) districts have switched to the digital TGs today. I know TG #13456 D1 & TG #13520 D5 have been active.

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
TG# 13456 off the lee co tower lound and clear here in cumb co,will keep monitoring for others.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Some of the SHP Troop D (Greensboro) districts have switched to the digital TGs today. I know TG #13456 D1 & TG #13520 D5 have been active.

Still hearing analog on troops E, F, G, & H. I'll run Trunk88 over the next few days and see if I see any new affiliations to the digital talkgroups.

Thanks for the heads up.

jumbo7

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here know when or if the Highway Patrol in Troop B might start using the digital talkgroups? Or is it probably going to be a while before they switch?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.