2012 FDNY/EMS Changes This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2nov

According to a very reliable source, the following changes will occur Sunday morning January 8, 2012:

- SI EMS dispatch will move to their own frequency (482.24375/136.5 PL) and leaving the Brooklyn South units to keep their own channel.
- with formalization of the FDNY DARS talkgroups, units are to no longer use the "OLD ZONE", but keep to the EMS CW 1 & 2 freqs in their boro zones on their radios.
- a new Notification Channel (channel 1 on all radios) will be used to relay HIPPA compliant patient particulars to a dispatcher for relaying to a hospital emergency room. It is unknown if this new channel is a talkgroup on the DOITT UHF trunked system or a new conventional frequency.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to SI EMS on 483.29375 for a while now. I'll post the pl when I can.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Charles, I just looked at your web site with listing for "future" EMS channels. The last update was in 2010. How many of those future channels are now operational?

D

DaveNF2G

Will this new "Channel 1" be encrypted? Seems to me that would be the only way to ensure HIPAA compliance.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Will this new "Channel 1" be encrypted? Seems to me that would be the only way to ensure HIPAA compliance.

Unless there has been a recent change HIPAA does not require emergency radio communications to be encrypted or otherwise protected. There is a specific exemption in the regulations covering that. I hear private ambulances giving patient names, addresses, destinations, and other information over their voice radios all day long.

There may be other, non HIPAA, privacy requirements specific to New York State that require encryption, but that I would have no way of knowing.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Ems richmond dispatch

As of January 8 0500 hrs all units on the Brooklyn South Freq will be ordered to switch over to the new SI Dispatch freq and they will conduct a roll call of all units...i have listen to the new freq and the signal strength is very weak in Brooklyn south it appears there are no remote transmitters in the south the signal is stronger in Brooklyn North they messed up when they was testing signal strength because it should be strong boro wide not half oh well it will take someone to need help and call over the air and it ill fail then they will fix it i guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
That's only si units moving to the new channel. That's dispatch areas s1 s2 and s3

Brooklyn units on south will stay. That's k1 and k2

In the database all the stuff marked future will go live 100%
All the old channels with 85.4 pl will be shutdown at some point after.

n2nov

Charles, I just looked at your web site with listing for "future" EMS channels. The last update was in 2010. How many of those future channels are now operational?

They are currently simulcast with the current EMS freqs. As they do the final switchover throughout 2012 (starting with Staten Island this coming Sunday) then we will see them start to shut down the older freqs.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
This is the entire city switching not just si. All new xts5000 radios were programed with the new channels. Si is getting it's own channel which it never had before. M

I don't see any conventional channels unaccounted. Will confirm but notify should be trunked.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Everything will change.
see the above post with the link to the database

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Everything will change.
see the above post with the link to the database

Forgive me for maybe being a bit dense, I'm from Jersey...that should explain it all. Heh.

But I'm not seeing the changes in the database unless you are referring to the discontinuation of the VHF FDNY frequencies. Is this just EMS changing in some way or is everything changing? If so, to the FMN plan or something else?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Forgive me for maybe being a bit dense, I'm from Jersey...that should explain it all. Heh.

But I'm not seeing the changes in the database unless you are referring to the discontinuation of the VHF FDNY frequencies. Is this just EMS changing in some way or is everything changing? If so, to the FMN plan or something else?

Take a look at it now, the changes should be obvious.

This effects EMS, not the FDNY VHF frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.