2012 Long Beach Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightsfire4u

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
Does anyone have frequencies for the race this weekend they could share?

Driver frequencies, Race operations, LBFD and LBPD COMM plans, Media.

Thanks in advance for any info~
Chris

fightsfire4u

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Rich for the info.. I am setting my father in law up with a old PRO-164 that I have been plugging in frequencies here and there that i assume are attached to the race. Your list will help out a lot. Father in law has been attending the races for years. Thought it would be cool for him monitor his favorite drivers, experience the race from a new perspective... I will not be attending the race due to work, so i wont be able to verify if frequencies are good or not..
After a short run down of what is what on the PRO-164 and a how to, some ear buds, father in law will be on his own!
Thanks again for the info Rich.
Chris

Markb

Premium Subscriber
This morning I heard what sounded like "Race Control" on 151.1600 this morning from east OC. It was repeated also. This freq is licensed to the city of Long Beach, so perhaps you may hear something there. Unless someone has info to the contrary.

wb6pwj

Its too late now but Fire normally uses FD3 and PD the event channel PD7. In years past the cars have interfered with FD3 and they have switched to FD4. With narrowband its up for grabs but they used FD3 with no problems.

We do have a 700 Mhz system with ADP encryption purchased with harbor funds but no one else has purchased radios. We did set talkgroups for PD and FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.