2012 scanner frequencies for K-9 search & rescue in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

photopro

I live in Wadsworth Ohio and would like to monitor the K-9 search & rescue scanner frequencies. Anybody have the information?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I live in Wadsworth Ohio and would like to monitor the K-9 search & rescue scanner frequencies. Anybody have the information?

I notice you have made several posts along similar lines. Have you checked the database? How about a search of the FCC database?

Nasby

I have never heard of any designated K-9 search and rescue frequencies in Ohio.
These kind of operations are typically coordinated on the local police/fire frequency where the search and rescue event is taking place.

16b

Premium Subscriber
The standard search and rescue frequency is 155.160. Different groups have various different frequencies (and PL tones), but 155.160 is the lowest common denominator. Chances are, if you listen to that, you'll be set for any S&R operation.

There is a K9 Search and Rescue organization in Ohio that has a repeater pair licensed (for a portable repeater) on VHF, but I can't remember the name of the organization or the frequencies. I'll look for the information and update later.

It would probably be worth starting a wiki page for Ohio Search and Rescue. Or maybe one already exists; I have a hard time finding pages in that wiki.

photopro

2012 scanner frequencies K-9 search & rescue in Ohio

nice reply 16b however 155.160 in Wadsworth is Rittman EMS. I'm looking forward to your next post on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.