2012 SWAT Team scanner frequencies in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

photopro

I live in Wadsworth Ohio and would like the 2012 scanner frequencies for the SWAT Team in Medina,Ashland,Cuyahoga , Stark,Summit counties in Ohio. I'm also looking for 2012 scanner frequencies for K-9 Search & Rescue Teams in the above counties.

N8IAA

Why not ask in the Ohio State Forum further down the forums page? Probably get better answers than here:)
Larry

SCPD

QRT
I think you have to look in the database. In my experience I find operation on a whole lot of different frequencies even for a given agency. I live in Summit County but have really only heard them (SO) in training operations on the listed frequency.

i only know of these out of strongsville southwest enforcement

1.460.125 tx-465.125 PL-186.2 REPEATER
2.460.225 PL-131.8 TAC-1 SIMPLEX
3.460.275 PL-141.3 TAC-2 SIMPLEX
4.460.500 PL-151.4 TAC-3 SIMPLEX
5.465.225 PL-110.9 TAC-4 SIMPLEX
6.465.275 PL-127.3 TAC-5 SIMPLEX
7.465.500 PL-123.0 TAC-6 SIMPLEX

I THINK I DID POST THESE BEFORE IF NOT I'M 100% CORRECT ON THESE.
DAVE

MotorolaDave

I live in Wadsworth Ohio and would like the 2012 scanner frequencies for the SWAT Team in Medina,Ashland,Cuyahoga , Stark,Summit counties in Ohio. I'm also looking for 2012 scanner frequencies for K-9 Search & Rescue Teams in the above counties.

I don't know about Medina County, but many departments in Summit County have their own SWAT channels. The 4 SWAT teams in Summit County are Cuyahoga Falls, Akron, Barberton, and The Summit County Sheriff's Office. Barberton usually uses their secondary channel for standoffs. Cuyahoga Falls will use one of their 2 tac channels during a standoff. Summit County Sheriff and Akron both have their own SWAT channel on the Summit 800 system.

When things really get out of hand, or when a standoff goes on for a long time, Summit and Portage counties have the Metro Swat. They are officers from departments in Summit and Portage county. The use VHF radios which are simplex. Mitchell Communications handles all of the radios for the Metro Swat. The frequency they use is 155.2050. The Stow Police Department is responsible for contacting members when the team is needed. They don't do any dispatching or have any communication once officers arrive on scene. All communication comes from the command post. So, to hear the Metro Swat you have to be pretty close to the scene. I hope this helps!

medina county swat

i did some looking threw my frequency books being i use to work for a motorola shop for 11 years i did find this swat frequency for medina county 456.800 DPL-464 its simplex not sure if its still used maybe monitor this and see if they still use it.

dave

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Keep in mind, SWAT communications are most likely low power simplex, you would need to be near the action (of course, not recommended). You would not hear anything from over a few miles away, if that far.

W8DEC

We had a standoff in Euclid not too long ago. I heard SWAT using CECOMS G. Since that time I have added the CECOMS channels to my scan list. You can find them in Cuyahoga County on the Hospitals/Emergency Services page. I hope this helps.

photopro

2012 scanner frequencies for SWAT Teams in Ohio

W8DEC thank you for your input. I really appreciate everyone's coments and your help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.