2012 Tucson No Hole Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

HT-220

WB2ZRP,WRTR873
Scanner install without any holes in center arm rest.
Antenna is home made out of piece of coax cut to 855mhz.

Attachments

• Tucson 007a.jpg
    Tucson 007a.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 931
  • Tucson 004a.jpg
    Tucson 004a.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 926
  • Tucson 013a.jpg
    Tucson 013a.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 919
  • Tucson 015a.jpg
    Tucson 015a.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 890

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Allright! That's a different way to install a scanner, and doesn't it make you tilt your head in an awkward position to see the screen or to push the buttons? But hey, if it does the job then it's a beautiful thing. Using a piece of coax for the antenna is another neat invention... how did you come up with that idea and how does it mount (inside or outside)??

Russell

HT-220

WB2ZRP,WRTR873
Allright! That's a different way to install a scanner, and doesn't it make you tilt your head in an awkward position to see the screen or to push the buttons? But hey, if it does the job then it's a beautiful thing. Using a piece of coax for the antenna is another neat invention... how did you come up with that idea and how does it mount (inside or outside)??Russell

The antenna can be seen in the 2nd and 3rd pictures, it's sticking up out of the opening at the right top of the scanner.

I just was not wanting to mount any regular antenna, even like in my other car:

http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...p/236969-07-accord-coupe-no-hole-install.html

so i tried this and since my county uses a 7 site 800 trunking system it works great.

Last edited:

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
I have the exact same scanner and speaker and originally installed the exact same in my 2011 Tahoe. I have since moved it twice and now have a jotto console. It was too much trouble for me trying to open hatch and adjust volume and lock onto a channel. Hope it works out for you

Status
Not open for further replies.