2014 All Star Game Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Is anybody here going to be monitoring the All Star Game and related events? It is quite likely that some frequencies and talkgroups will be in use that we don't hear. In fact, there will even be some agencies that aren't typically active that will be present for the events. Happy listening!

SCPD

QRT
Is anybody here going to be monitoring the All Star Game and related events? It is quite likely that some frequencies and talkgroups will be in use that we don't hear. In fact, there will even be some agencies that aren't typically active that will be present for the events. Happy listening!

Preparing at this moment. Getting all ARMER scanners up and running for new talkgroups. Will be nice and comfortable watching on tv and scanning. Now if I could get this crappy BC796D working!!

stmills

ME Tac 3
ME Tac 4
HCSO
HCMC EMS Tac 4
MPD P11
Have been active with All Star Game activities.
FRS 1 & 3 were active for parade staging this morning.

Thunder Bird fly over cockpit comms on 235.250. Recorded them for about 1/2 hour as they setup and then left the area. Also heard them check in with Mpls Center

SCPD

QRT
ME Tac 3
ME Tac 4
HCSO
HCMC EMS Tac 4
MPD P11
Have been active with All Star Game activities.
FRS 1 & 3 were active for parade staging this morning.

Heard some activity on MPD 9 (Events). Did not notice any new talkgroups, but I did not devote too many resources for that purpose. ARMER performed well for this and the next biggie will be the 2018 Superbowl especially of the Vikings happen to make it in, but a scanner that decodes everything will be out way before the Vikes win anything. :)

I would have liked to monitor the Target Field Mototrbo system, but don't have an SDR stick yet. I wonder if it's encrypted?.

One other thing that you mentioned were the ME-TACS , I still hear dispatchers and users refer to it to as the old P-TAC name. My understanding that it's ME-TAC for the Metro area now.

stmills

ME- Tac = Metro Tac.
Ptacs & Atacs became ME Tacs Nov 22, 2013- they are dual named until June 26, 2015 when all radios and consoles must be updated to ME Tacs and dual naming officially ends.

SCPD

QRT
That makes sense as it gives users time to use the new names. Kind of prefer P-TAC myself, since ME-TAC makes me think Medical Examiner when I hear it. Thanks for that info on the time table.

Status
Not open for further replies.