2014 CIAS..rumours and speculation thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Well, every year a thread like this gets started, and in reality, the airshow is just over 3 months away. I have scoured the internet for any information/rumours about potential acts and have turned up empty. I DO know for sure that the CF-18 Demo will not be appearing this year. He will be over in europe.

I still do not understand, and if there is a airshow rep on here maybe they can explain.....Why is it that years ago we were able to get international talent? Just because the USA is sequestered, leaves the rest of the world to get planes from. Remember those loud Tornado fly by's in the 90's?

I went to the Radom Air show in Poland a few years back, and the representation of countries was amazing.

Seeing the SU-22 Fitters perform was the highlight......

Cheers,

Jason

pathalogical

I also look forward to this annual thread. But, as we know, airshows in Canada seem to be on the decline, that is, nothing to really get excited over. Seeing the Harrier was great last year. I do remember the Tornados, still have'em on my VHS-C camcorder tapes. As for the CF18 in Europe...was it one of the six they sent over to Poland for the Ukraine conflict ? I've also said it would be nice to see more participation from the RAF since we're part of the Commonwealth, but to have stuff fly across the water costs money that gov's have but don't want to spend on us commoners. Airshows are great in Europe because they are all next door to each and doesn't take much to fly across a border, unless yer doing it under the radar...now that would be a really exciting airshow....

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I also look forward to this annual thread. But, as we know, airshows in Canada seem to be on the decline, that is, nothing to really get excited over. Seeing the Harrier was great last year. I do remember the Tornados, still have'em on my VHS-C camcorder tapes. As for the CF18 in Europe...was it one of the six they sent over to Poland for the Ukraine conflict ? I've also said it would be nice to see more participation from the RAF since we're part of the Commonwealth, but to have stuff fly across the water costs money that gov's have but don't want to spend on us commoners. Airshows are great in Europe because they are all next door to each and doesn't take much to fly across a border, unless yer doing it under the radar...now that would be a really exciting airshow....

Hi Path, no it is the actual demo plane that will be in europe.

Schedule | CF-18 Demo Team | Demo Teams | Royal Canadian Air Force

If you scroll down to August, you will see he is in Switzerland.

That leaves a pretty big gap to fill....

Jason

maxtracs

CNE airshow

The rest of the world have first choice on our jets we don't
Now with no f16 f15 f22 and no F18 what's left
Our airshow is a joke
It's like they are doing it on purpose to stop the show all together
The apartments and condose have been complaining for years about the noise
I wonder it that has something to do with it

maxtracs

CNE airshow

Oh by the way it's not money we own the jets
If a f16 was to come to the CNE airshow the USA will not go bankrupt
But it's to much to ask

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Well, the 2014 Lineup is out.....dissappointing..........as expected.

We have 3 jets this year...The Hornet CF-18 Demo (Which I thought was performing overseas according to the DND website) Maybe a substitute plane?

Mig-17 Demo.....That may be interesting.

T-33 Acemaker Jet Demo

The rest is the typical MIke Wiskus/Harvard/Beech 18 demo/P-51 mustang/Snowbirds

regards,

Jason

pathalogical

Is that from Insider Jen ? Haven't rec'd it in my inbox yet ! That mig 17 is the same type as the one with the Heavy Metal Jet Team. If that nut job on Sunwing had waited a few more weeks, we coulda had a couple F16 flybys !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.