2014 Dodge Dart Temp Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3fnd

I put my Yaesu FT-1900 in my dodge dart, its hooked up to a Comet SBB-1NMO on a NNO trunk lip mount. The radio is just stuck between the drivers seat and the center console, like it was in my grand am for 2 years. Also for now its pluged in to the 12volt plug in side the car. The plans now are to keep the antenna the way it is, but get a FT-7900 and set it up under the seat with the head by the cars radio.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 2,485
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 2,063
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 2,109
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,984

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
How does that antenna perform? I was thinking about trying one. A black trunk lip mount would have looked better. They so sell them.

ve3fnd

How does that antenna perform? I was thinking about trying one. A black trunk lip mount would have looked better. They so sell them.

So far it works good it keeps up to the old Larson 5/8 wave i had on the old car and its way smaller. Im going to paint the mount soon just no time yet.

K3DCX

Cool!

I had my Dart for a year before finally hard mounting my rig.

I replied to your "What to do with my New Dart" post with a couple of photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ve3fnd

Cool!

I had my Dart for a year before finally hard mounting my rig.

I replied to your "What to do with my New Dart" post with a couple of photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes I took a good look at your install in your dart, very nice thats what im going for in the end.

SCPD

QRT
nice car

Love that car,very nice ride!Enjoy.... I say leave it as is.
Faction ,huh? Sirius is the best.

Jimbo695

I'll be doing something similar with my new car. I like your idea of simply "mounting" the rig between the seat and the center console but I'm concerned about the rig overheating --- and the heat also damaging the seat cover. Should I be?

ve3fnd

I'll be doing something similar with my new car. I like your idea of simply "mounting" the rig between the seat and the center console but I'm concerned about the rig overheating --- and the heat also damaging the seat cover. Should I be?

First I have to state that im not a long talker but I do use the radio regularly and its on and receiving 98% of the time im in the car. I ran it in between the seat like that for over 2 years in my grand am and never had a prob with the radio nor the cars interior. So far its been in the dart for almost 3 weeks and going strong. The setup in the old car was a temp setup aswell so im sure it will be this way in the dart for at least a year before I get the 7900 bought and put under the seat.

Last edited:

ve3fnd

First I have to state that im not a long talker but I do use the radio regularly and its on and receiving 98% of the time im in the car. I ran it in between the seat like that for over 2 years in my grand am and never had a prob with the radio nor the cars interior. So far its been in the dart for almost 3 weeks and going strong. The setup in the old car was a temp setup aswell so im sure it will be this way in the dart for at least a year before I get the 7900 bought and put under the seat.

Nasby

Sweet ride and a nice antenna mount.

I would be worried about spilling my drink on the radio though (I'm clutsy).

hifiguy36

Which trunk lip mount is that? I recently got a 2015 Dart and am looking for a mount.

ve3fnd

Trunk mount

I got It from durham radio here in Canada its listed as AM 209 Opek Mount NMO Trunk Lip Mount

this is the link AM209 Mount NMO Trunk Lip 17' of RG58 & PL-259 - Canada

the antenna is a comet SBB-1NMO and its from radioworld here in Canada as well

this is the link for the antenna Comet SBB-1NMO VHF UHF Mobile Antenna|SBB-1NMO [COM-SBB1NMO] : @ Radioworld Toronto

Im very happy with both the mount and antenna and i think the NMO mount is the way to go very strong im thinking about getting an other mount for the other side for 10m on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.