2014 Jeep Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
This is my 2014 Jeep Patriot install, I have a Kenwood TM-V71A for my Ham radio fix, then depending on the day/situation I may have my M/A-Com 700P 800mhz portable, Ericsson LPE 800mhz portable, Harris Unity XG-100 portable, or Motorola HT1250 portable with me. I am an EMT & Dispatcher/COML. Antenna on my Jeep Patriot is Comet SBB-2 on a fender mount idea I saw from another person with a patriot so I borrowed it for my vehicle. I would have done roof mount but then I wouldn't clear into the garage come winter time. I may look into a taller antenna where I have mine currently.

Prior to antenna install just for overall view of my Jeep.

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
Drilled the hole!

Well I drilled the hole for roof NMO mount. I am using a Comet SBB1 NMO antenna for my Kenwood V71A. Have just enough clearance pulling in and leaving garage that just the tip of antenna hits the door.

Here are the new pictures.

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
Shiny New jeep,oh my god he drilled a hole in it!Very nice Patriotic home too.

Goes with the Patriotic plates on the vehicle as well since WI finally got the R/W/B Veteran plates after the ugly attempt with the white plates and decals. The hole only took me 5 months to do.....I was very nervous doing it. But you buy the right tools for the job and it makes it a little easier.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Kudos for drilling! However, I'm working with a customer who insists on using fender mounts and they have a new Patriot. Where'd you get yours?

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
Kudos for drilling! However, I'm working with a customer who insists on using fender mounts and they have a new Patriot. Where'd you get yours?

It was the bracket for the Dodge Ram that I drilled a new hole in and used a fender bolt to mount it. I got the idea from one of the guys on here that had a Patriot and did it that way. Reception sucked because of the antenna I used and it isn't the sturdiest mount it moved pretty good in the wind.

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
Updated, I removed my Kenwood TM-V71 and went with Yaesu FTM-400DR Fusion radio now for digital.

Not a fan of the mounting ideas Yaesu had with this thing, I will get better pictures tomorrow, I am using a Ram Mount set up now for head

Status
Not open for further replies.