2014 TACN TG ID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
just saw talkgroup 15152 on the TN towers site on pro96com its a very busy TG. so i wonder what TNDOC Prison that is. anyone else hearing this TG?

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
TG 47117 Ment of Southeast ops center male in Chattanogga talking to female and she was excited on how well the system worked.

who is this?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
TG 47117 Ment of Southeast ops center male in Chattanogga talking to female and she was excited on how well the system worked.

who is this?

From what I have heard any 47XXX TGID is going to be state law enforcement (THP, TBI, etc), so I'm wondering of it might be another THP TGID???? Or maybe TBI??? I'm pretty sure the THP is going to stay in the 470XX range, but have not had that confirmed. I've also heard that TWRA may be switching to the 47XXX talkgroups eventually, once the system is up and running in other areas. I know they (TWRA) have a few 15XXX TGID as of now, but I rarely hear anything on those TGID. And since most of the 15XXX TGIDs are TNDOC it would make more sense for the TWRA to move TGIDs. I'll plug that new TGID in and see if I hear anything, and I'll see what I can find out on my end about who that might be.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
From the range mapping I have, all 47xxx is TN State Agencies LEA... And with mention of an region,... This could be TWRA, TDPS/HS DPRR... If it's TBI.. then someone thank the powers that be because TBI is completely slated for encryption. It also falls close to the State Capitol Police/Security. Keep your ears on it and maybe we can narrow it down. 15xxx is supposed to be DOC from the mapping... But with this system things are still pretty fluid.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
ran trunking discovery on the TN Towers site.

heres what it found
16043 - Ref to school kids going to the State map....
20 - Ref to "Central" and Sally 1 and Sally 2

15287- ref to a code 4 in Education

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
16043 Sounds like an State Capitol Security convo referring to an tour group.

20 Could be any multiple users on there sounds like referring to an County Jail Control and Sally Ports?

15287 Sounds like another DOC tg?

ka4bni

Feed Provider
There is a Smart-X system attached to the Dept of Corrections Zone now which brings in all of the older TDOC trunked systems to the P-25 system. You could be hearing one of the older Type II systems on the TN Towers Site.

bg_nashville

have 116 hits on TG 20 witch was patched to TG 24 a few mins ago. Who is this?

I ran trunking discovery on my BCD436HP for almost two hours tonight on the TN Tower site. Based on the audio, I am fairly certain TG 20 is the Tennessee Prison for Women.

jpryor

I ran trunking discovery on my BCD436HP for almost two hours tonight on the TN Tower site. Based on the audio, I am fairly certain TG 20 is the Tennessee Prison for Women.

I will agree on 20 being that prison, along with 21 being an all call/all talk groups channel, and at least 23 and 24 additional back channels. Based on the higher proportion of female guards on those talk groups.

Also concerned we have too many talks groups tagged to riverbend maximum. DOC has four prisons in Davidson County. There is a distinct group of radio IDs 1012xxx usually on 15033, and a different group of radio IDs 1014xxx usually on 105105. No overlap in usage between the two, this is possibly two different prisons.

jpryor

Ah, just saw the note above regarding SmartX being in place. Makes sense why not all Nashville based prisons are always active all the time on the Tennessee Towers site. Only when somebody has a new radio roaming onto TACN are those talk groups heard.

That confirms the 20-24 talk groups at least as DOC Tennessee Prison for Women, matches the Motorola talk groups / 16 as expected for the SmartX translation.

Some other notes:
15015 talking about antennas
47117 "state health ops center, east region erc"

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
Ah, just saw the note above regarding SmartX being in place. Makes sense why not all Nashville based prisons are always active all the time on the Tennessee Towers site. Only when somebody has a new radio roaming onto TACN are those talk groups heard.

That confirms the 20-24 talk groups at least as DOC Tennessee Prison for Women, matches the Motorola talk groups / 16 as expected for the SmartX translation.

Some other notes:
15015 talking about antennas
47117 "state health ops center, east region erc"

Jeff I think 47117 is Tennessee Dept of Health based on the places Ment.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Remember guys, once your pretty sure you have an TG or group of TG's locked down as for the correct use, submit it please.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Picking up a lot of traffic on 15311 off several sites. Not able to ID anything as far as locations or unit number. I did hear them talking about an admin building and a checkpoint. Most is just general concersation, including on male voice cursing very aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.