2015 Nissan Versa SV Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Here are a few shots of my recent install in my 2015 Nissan Versa.

Trust me where the control head is mounted wasn't my first choice, up near the front there are not a lot of flat surfaces, and I didn't want to mount it on the dash. I don't change frequencies that much so its really not a big deal. I can easily reach down and adjust volume with out looking.

Attachments

• 8800-1.jpg
    8800-1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3,234
  • 8800-2.jpg
    8800-2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 3,184
  • FT8800-1.jpg
    FT8800-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3,263
  • FT8800-3.jpg
    FT8800-3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3,206
  • FT8800-5.jpg
    FT8800-5.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3,280

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Looks good! When I saw the title, before I looked, I thought, "must be a remote head install to be in a Versa". Small, modern cars don't give many options for install locations! Looks like you made it work just fine!

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! As long as it works for YOU that's all that counts!

Mike

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
What I need is a Truck or Suv

LOL well I have an SUV (classified as a mid-sized) and I still don't really have anywhere to install radios haha

You made it work in the Versa and I'm sure you get much better fuel mileage than I do! :D

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Well done considering there isn't too much room for mounting radio gear.

The newer vehicles aren't built with the radio hobbyist in mind.

Thanks for sharing.

Russell

Tracker

Is it difficult to view n handle the controls from a seated position?
OFF TOPIC: How do you like the Versa? Is it the sedan,or the hatch?
I ask cause my girlfriend wants to lease one, cause money is tight n it's very fuel economical!

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I ask cause my girlfriend wants to lease one, cause money is tight n it's very fuel economical!

You do have to look down to see, but however I do not change frequencies very often, and I can switch form one side of the radio to the other with the mic, and I can adjust the volume with out looking at it.

I have the sedan, and I will say I love it. I didn't lease mine I financed it. It is every good on fuel. I do have a heavy foot but I've been averaging around 35 mpg and that is semi highway/city, the main highway where I live has too many stop light so its stop and go depending on the time of day.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Minor Update

Made some minor adjustments to the mobile install. Having the control head where it was before was proving to be a real pain.

My cup holder mount came in today and within 15 mins she was good to go!

Attachments

• mobile-1.jpg
    mobile-1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • mobile-3.jpg
    mobile-3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,011

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Made some minor adjustments to the mobile install. Having the control head where it was before was proving to be a real pain.

My cup holder mount came in today and within 15 mins she was good to go!

Excellent! (And quality photos which is refreshing as well!)

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber

You do have to look down to see, but however I do not change frequencies very often, and I can switch form one side of the radio to the other with the mic, and I can adjust the volume with out looking at it.

I have the sedan, and I will say I love it. I didn't lease mine I financed it. It is every good on fuel. I do have a heavy foot but I've been averaging around 35 mpg and that is semi highway/city, the main highway where I live has too many stop light so its stop and go depending on the time of day.

I have the hatch...a 2014 I've only had since the end of October. I have yet to fully experience how good the gas mileage is since I've been driving all over the place to make up for loss time when I had a car I couldn't drive too much. But it does get better gas mileage than my 1998 Ford Taurus. I'm still trying to get used to going from a full-sized sedan to such a compact car, but I'm glad I got it.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Nice and clean! Excellent install. Minimal impact on the car, which won't be notice when it is sold. The cup holder mount is a nice touch. Easy to remove and hide in the event you park in a less than secure area.

Status
Not open for further replies.