2016 NHRA Officials and Drivers Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro1527

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the "latest and greatest" NHRA frequencies? I'm looking for the NHRA officials, safety safari and all of the Pro drivers (Funny Car, Top Fuel and Pro Stock)?

Thank you for your time!

Nitro1527

Nitro1527

Premium Subscriber
W8RMH, Thank you for the fast response!

I hope NHRA hasn't switched to MOTOTRBO...a lot of scanner owners, including myself, might be left out in the cold!?
According to the MOTOTRBO information here on RReference with regards to licensed businesses, NHRA is not listed, but NASCAR is in "R & D" with regards to MOTOTRBO for officials, not the drivers...as yet! It also stated" MOTOTRBO transceivers and repeater stations may be retrocompatible with analog FM using CTCSS or CDCSS."

I am not a "seasoned" scanner and have only used it a couple of times a year at the drag races, so bear with me! I just purchased a BC125AT for the NHRA races...The manual says it is capable of monitoring CTCSS & DCS systems. Does that mean I'm okay, if and when, they do switch?

Thank you all for your patience and understanding for this "Newbie"! If anyone has a list of the frequencies from "Racing Electronics" for NHRA, I would forever be thankful...

Nitro1527

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
CTCSS & DCS are not systems. Those are just sub audible tones used to separate users. You don't really need them on a scanner to listen.

As far as "MOTOTRBO transceivers and repeater stations may be retro-compatible with analog FM using CTCSS or CDCSS", that's a new one on me.

Racing frequencies (teams/drivers) tend to change often, like annually, more than public safety and other businesses due to changes in race teams and sponsors.

Use Search and Close Call while you are there, that is what I used to do at NASCAR events. You may hear security, safety, and law enforcement as well. You won't be able to hear any 800 MHz or digital channels with the 125.

Below are the 2 NHRA licenses I found in the FCC DB. All these UHF frequencies appear to be conventional so you should be good. You can also do searches here for your team and owner names, and the individual tracks for their frequencies as well. (I have been out of drag racing for so long I wouldn't know where to begin) CLICK ON THE UNDERLINED IN BLUE LINKS TO GO TO THE SITES.

NHRA - WPIX762

NHRA - WQVM543

FCC DB License Search

Last edited:

Nitro1527

Premium Subscriber
Thank You So Much for your time, W8RMH...

I really do appreciate your help...I am trying to "relearn" a lot of this all over, again!
I got into scanning when I was in the volunteer Rescue Squad in the late 70's & early 80's...a long, long time ago!
I started going to NHRA Races in 2007 and bought a basic scanner back then, to follow what was going on! A lot of them came "pre-programmed" or you could order the latest frequencies from "Racing Electronics," or pick up a print at their kiosk at the track and program 50+ frequencies, driver names, etc.
Well, you can't order them anymore, but they will (I'm told) give you a sheet at the track! I'm too old and I don't have the patience to enter all that stuff "on the fly!" It's so much easier to enter them on my laptop and upload it all, from home...

Thank you, again, for your patience and understanding! I will definitely check out the links you provided!

Best regards,

Nitro1527

Nitro1527

Premium Subscriber
Awesome! Thank You, sfatony!

You just made my day...night...and week!!!!!
I've been begging Racing Electronics, for two weeks, to just fax, email or mail me a copy of the frequencies! I even offered to pay for their time to get it done, but they would not follow through...I've purchased a headset, custom ear molds, frequency uploads, etc. from them over the years too!? Go figure...

I am overwhelmed by the support, help and suggestions you RR guys have given me, since I joined just a week or so ago! I can't thank you enough for making me feel right at home!

All my best,
Nitro1527

Status
Not open for further replies.