2017 Chicago Air & Watershow

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMSCAN

Premium Subscriber
From Friday afternoon practice for Blue Angels.

Active:
284.250 am Show Box
237.800 am Out of Box
275.350 am Solo
255.200 am post show return to Gary airport instructions

Note: No activity on 251.600 am listed on RR as 2017 Box

No joy on finding Air boss freq as of yet.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Any links to scanner audio for the show?
On YouTube, search for a channel called 'Eric Tendian', he will have scanner audio for the Blue Angels and other aircraft. For CPD/CFD ops, check Broadcastify.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

vocoder

Is 308.4 still uhf lakefront vfr?
If it is, maybe if we monitor that first, they will Push to platform uhf.

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Curious as to whether anyone is picking up any radio traffic? I've manually programmed all into my 536 with an outdoor antenna. Picking up quick bursts of the Air Boss, Tracon, and Discrete, but most are difficult to hear. I live about 60 minutes away from Chicago. Anyone have any other frequencies? Thanks. Greg

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Curious as to whether anyone is picking up any radio traffic?

I was just over at Navy Pier and heard plenty of activity from the Air Boss, Tracon, Discrete, and a bit from the GYY (Gary/Chicago) Tower. On the way home, it got harder to get good reception on the VHF Air freq.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. In the last hour I'm hearing the Tracon, Discrete, Air Boss, and now a few F-22 Raptor traffic. I don't have any VHF channels. Also no fighter to fighter chat.

Can anyone tell me what the "discrete" is used for. Thanks. Greg

Jetfreq123

What is meant by UHF and VHF? Also tracing, and discrete? I have a pro 164 and would love to be ready to use my scanner for this year's airshow please help community... Thanks in advance

VASCAR2

What is meant by UHF and VHF? Also tracing, and discrete? I have a pro 164 and would love to be ready to use my scanner for this year's airshow please help community... Thanks in advance

The UHF stands for Ultra High Frequency generally in the 450.000 Mhz range. The VHF stands for Very High Frequency and can be VHF Low Band 30-50 MHz and VHF High Band around 140.000 to 160.000 Mhz.

Most of the frequencies posted in this thread are in the Aircraft band like the jet frequency 122.125 AM. Not sure on the meaning of discrete but might be the frequency used by multi plane performers for communications during their demonstration.

I’ve never been to the Air & Water show but I’d just enter the frequencies listed in this thread instead of trying to scan the whole aircraft band.

Some water units might use frequencies in the Marine band. If a boat gets in a restricted area you might hear US Coast Guard or CPD communicating in this band.

mule1075

Feed Provider
The UHF stands for Ultra High Frequency generally in the 450.000 Mhz range. The VHF stands for Very High Frequency and can be VHF Low Band 30-50 MHz and VHF High Band around 140.000 to 160.000 Mhz.

Most of the frequencies posted in this thread are in the Aircraft band like the jet frequency 122.125 AM. Not sure on the meaning of discrete but might be the frequency used by multi plane performers for communications during their demonstration.

I’ve never been to the Air & Water show but I’d just enter the frequencies listed in this thread instead of trying to scan the whole aircraft band.

Some water units might use frequencies in the Marine band. If a boat gets in a restricted area you might hear US Coast Guard or CPD communicating in this band.
Uhf mil-air is 200mhz to 400mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.