2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Curious to know what you're viewing them on which is showing you them horizontally...what I've viewed them on, more than one computer with large widescreen displays, they have all been stacked vertically. So, I'm not disputing your statement but rather just asking for my own information.
I've tried on both a 24" widescreen (16/9) monitor as well as a 56" widescreen monitor.

When viewed in Chrome, yes the pictures do display vertically, but I don't use Chrome all the time. My normal browser of choice is IE 11...

...and it will only display pictures properly when there's a carriage return added. ;)

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I wanted to post a few more pics of the antennas on the lip mounts and the HTX-212 since the pics from last night weren't the greatest. I have a few more things in mind and I'll post more pics later down the road. Thanks to all who've stopped to look and commented!

dea803b554e11a7c9fc53cd331782188.jpg

74fe563b21212fa8b90c466b28d3c3bc.jpg

782e8fa3b41417038eb44d7e4fd5caaf.jpg

777dba5e176a82d54b234df72f46b861.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've added a carriage return in between each image in the quote above. Now they will display in IE 10/11 normally.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I've tried on both a 24" widescreen (16/9) monitor as well as a 56" widescreen monitor.

When viewed in Chrome, yes the pictures do display vertically, but I don't use Chrome all the time. My normal browser of choice is IE 11...

...and it will only display pictures properly when there's a carriage return added. ;)

I know this is off-topic but I'd advise against using IE. There are several other options with better security and faster browsing - Firefox, Chrome, Opera, to name a few. Ultimately your choice, though, of course.

Not sure why they'd display wrong in your browser but it's clearly a browser issue and not his. Otherwise they'd be like that for all of us. He posted them just fine.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
For pete's sake, I simply made a polite suggestion, not some outrageous demand.
Nor did I imply any 'wrong doing' on anyone's part.

I'm fairly certain that I'm not the only person on the planet still using IE 11 for that matter... :lol:

Real programmer's use EDLIN for everything.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate it. I used mag mounts on my very first vehicle (99 Olds Alero) and some jackwagon thought it would be funny to slide them back and forth across the trunk lid. I'm sure I don't have to say what the results were there lol.

After getting the lip mounts I wasn't sure if I was going to like them or the L Brackets I started with. After I pulled the brackets off and put the Turk lip mounts on I was sold. And I may change the 7/800 whip out with an Antennex Phantom 800. I used it for a while and got away from it. I really wish the VHF antenna could be a little shorter but it really doesn't stick out that bad. One of the first thing my wife asked was I putting that "big tall antenna" back on, referencing the low band Syntor I had in my van. I told her that was a definite no LOL.

Thanks again for the compliment. And I'm not really sure why it loaded the rear profile pic twice. I was using the Tapatalk app and it act's funny from time to time. My next task is to get the switches for the front and rear LED's installed. They're going to go in the center console I believe. Of course I'll update more as I go. Thanks to those who've looked and commented so far.

I have this exact same setup with a similar car. The radio works well there and the antennas look great. You will find, as I have found, that with your antenna where it is, that your transmissions will be very directional. Your strength will be facing the repeater while going away from the repeater will be weak. As you know, this has to do with the fact that your antenna uses the car body as the counterpoise. In this case, it is all on the front of the vehicle. It's important to know this so you don't think something is wrong with your setup.

Just thought I would share some helpful information.

Nice work.

KM4WLV

I have this exact same setup with a similar car. The radio works well there and the antennas look great. You will find, as I have found, that with your antenna where it is, that your transmissions will be very directional. Your strength will be facing the repeater while going away from the repeater will be weak. As you know, this has to do with the fact that your antenna uses the car body as the counterpoise. In this case, it is all on the front of the vehicle. It's important to know this so you don't think something is wrong with your setup.

Just thought I would share some helpful information.

Nice work.
Yeah, this isn't my first go round with antennas on the trunk like that. Even with having the 2M HTX-212 in there I probably won't do a lot of talking on it lol. I appreciate the comments and suggestions. I'm sure at some point things will get changed around, they always do lol. And I'm sure there will come a day where the antennas find a "permanent home" on the trunk lid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.