2018 - Kansas City Metro Area MARRS P25 Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

bctrainers

Speaking of the big E, two more talkgroups on joco this week was full time encryption for a couple hours. This would be gardner pd 1 / cmn (31101) and gardner pd 2 / tac (31102).

Don't understand why those two are fully encrypted now (rarely used), but they are. Will wait for more activity from the two talkgroups later this month before i put in the update to the rrdb.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Anyone follow the Motobridge channels in Cass Co.? Here is a new on for the DB. TGID 34697 "Cass County to Lee's Summit State for a T/A" Must be called "Cass Call."

Last edited:

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Anyone one know which agency is using TG 34750? Starting to see a lot of activity on the Pro96com logs with that one.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Is it a patch, or full blown?

Most likely a full switch. I didn't see the usual indicators that point to a patched frequency. They still might be using conventional VHF for station tones. Once I have a chance to get it programmed I'll report back.

BigC801

Kearny is full time on MARRS now. Tone outs too.

Does anyone else have a problem with the channel names with MARRS and importing it in Sentinel.

Johnson Co is the worst, the Channel name is 40 characters or so, when imported into the SDS100 all you see is Johnson Co ------ without any of the rest of the name.

Is there a way for the admin to not make it so dam long or import the Alpha Tag.

Here is an example.... this doesn't fit on a screen.
Johnson County Wastewater -- Announce (All Call)
Johnson County Wastewater -- Supervisors

bctrainers

Sounds like you're importing the Description rather the Alpha Tag for talkgroup names. I've not used Sentinel in years, so not sure what setting that needs to be toggled/changed to go between the two.

mancow

Database Admin
Kearny is full time on MARRS now. Tone outs too.

Does anyone else have a problem with the channel names with MARRS and importing it in Sentinel.

Johnson Co is the worst, the Channel name is 40 characters or so, when imported into the SDS100 all you see is Johnson Co ------ without any of the rest of the name.

Is there a way for the admin to not make it so dam long or import the Alpha Tag.

Here is an example.... this doesn't fit on a screen.
Johnson County Wastewater -- Announce (All Call)
Johnson County Wastewater -- Supervisors

Yes, I've been complaining about this for years.

BigC801

Sounds like you're importing the Description rather the Alpha Tag for talkgroup names. I've not used Sentinel in years, so not sure what setting that needs to be toggled/changed to go between the two.

I wish you could choose with Sentinel but it only imports the full name. I think someone goes out of their way to make the name as long as possible. let's not forget when you import MARRS it will make 93 different groups with only a few talkgroups each.

Papagei

Do you know how long the name can be in Sentinel or on the SDS100? 40 characters, or something shorter? Also, what format does Sentinel need - CSV, Excel, something else?

The reason I ask is that I recently started monitoring MARRS on my PC with a Realtek SDR and OP25. I used the data from here to build a text file so OP25 can show me the talkgroup names for each channel. I used long names, since I have a lot of room on my screen, but it wouldn't be hard for me to go down the list and come up with some shorter names, put the file in CSV or Excel or whatever, and then send you the file, if you want.

Papagei

bctrainers

Another day, another talk group in JoCo flipping the Encryption on... possibly full time.

Shawnee PD 3 (31456) appears to have disabled Dispatch in the clear and officers encrypted. All of it is encrypted, and the encrypted audio sounds much more different than what it previously did.

Will be monitoring to see if this is a persistent change.

Status
Not open for further replies.