2018 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryjoeb

Feed Provider
Thanks! I didn't know Howard County was using MOSWIN for anything. I'll add that to my list. Do you know if Randolph County is using MOSWIN for anything?

kb0tpz

fairgrove mo site encrypted radio id

The Dayton site is advertising a new neighbor - Site 155 - Frequency 170.9125

This is most likely the new Hume site. I've submitted it to the database with the information information I can gather, but it still needs the NAC, neighbors and alternate control channel.
A little off the thread but has anyone been able to find out what talk group radio id 900076,900080 etc. is assigned to it is encrypted traffic I found on the Fairgrove mo site just wonder what agency could be using it?

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
SIte 1-26 Cole Camp 75 miles from Odessa

According to the license for WQQF635 - MISSOURI, STATE OF, the location of the transmitter is a few miles NW of Cole Camp Mo. at 38-27-29.7 N, 093-16-23.6 W , and the narrative part says: "COLE CAMP ODESSA, MO BENTON County"

However, Odessa, Mo is about 70 Miles NW of this location and not in Benton County. There is no Odessa township in Benton County. A review in Google Earth does indeed show a tower at this lat/long.

I believe there is an *error* on the license by including the name "Odessa" which the RR database perpetuates by listing the site as "Cole Camp / Odessa" when it is not near Odessa, Mo.

I believe the RR database would be better served by deleting the name "Odessa" from the site in the database.

Thoughts?

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I have seen many sites on MOSWIN listed like that. I was trying to make a paper map with an official state map of all the sites with an orange dot. Sometimes the site was noted to be in a certain county but was not. Usually the site was nearby but not where it said it was.

I have not had the time to go over and update my file (paper map) and make a submission to RR so they can update things. You are not seeing things.

talkpair

wbloss said:
I believe the RR database would be better served by deleting the name "Odessa" from the site in the database.

Thoughts?

I'm all for it.

I would also drop "Massman" from the Independence site, and rename the "Grimes" site to "De Witt"

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I'm all for it.

I would also drop "Massman" from the Independence site, and rename the "Grimes" site to "De Witt"

I made a sumbission with the info above and the "Odessa" name has been deleted, I'd suggest you make your case in a submission for the sites you note above.

W

kruser

Premium Subscriber
New Moswin TG?

This morning while monitoring Moswin's Imperial and Weldon Spring sites, I saw an unknown talkgroup flash by.
I missed it but it came back in a couple minutes.

It is TG 3063. It was around 9:30 AM this morning when I recorded a few short snippets.

It seemed to be mostly on the Imperial site although I'm pretty sure I first saw it coming from the Weldon Spring site.

I was not logging or recording at the time I first heard it so I can only go by what I think heard for the possible use.

I heard mention of SRT or just ST. If SRT, it could be a Search and Rescue team possibly.
As my luck normally has it, there was little activity the rest of the day. I heard a couple transmissions talking about what appeared to be weather related like the temperature and what not.
I heard one unit saying it was 52 and he repeated that. I think this may have been the outdoor temperature at their location.
I then recorded one of the units saying "it's the 1st floor at Dover".
The other unit responded with "good copy" and that was most of what I recorded that I could make out.
It's been quiet the rest of the morning and afternoon.

I thought I did hear something about water when I first heard this TG but don't quote me on that.
The very last thing recorded sounded like the user said "Kirk <possible static> porch out".

I don't think Kirk Porch is a persons name as I heard something else a bit earlier with the phrase "Kirk" in it also but that one did not sound like it was a name being said.

The two UIDs I logged while recording this TG were both 9121xx units. Specifically, the two I recorded were UIDs 912154 and 912162.

I searched the Moswin DB but did not come up with any TGs close to this one so the actual user remains a mystery.

Anyone have a clue based on the UIDs or TG above?

Thanks all and please post back if you hear this TG in the future or also heard it this morning.

scannerowner

I believe this is part of their weekly MOSWIN roll call on Reg A IO CALL. I used to hear it all the time in the city, when I was working down there.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Newton.JPGNewton Co 700 site has changed site NAC from 1CD to 1CE. YES that is the same 2 characters as the sysid for Zone1, but there are a few other MOSWIN sites with this NAC so it is valid.
Why would the system folk change a NAC? I can see if there were a new neighbor with a conflict, but Pro96Com shows the same 4 (105, 107, 112, 149) as before.
I know it was 1CD as I probably submitted it and see it frequently as I search 700 for new sites nearby.
Why the change. I'm not going to submit yet to see if it changes back.
Odd.

w

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
View attachment 67010Newton Co 700 site has changed site NAC from 1CD to 1CE. YES that is the same 2 characters as the sysid for Zone1, but there are a few other MOSWIN sites with this NAC so it is valid.
Why would the system folk change a NAC? I can see if there were a new neighbor with a conflict, but Pro96Com shows the same 4 (105, 107, 112, 149) as before.
I know it was 1CD as I probably submitted it and see it frequently as I search 700 for new sites nearby.
Why the change. I'm not going to submit yet to see if it changes back.
Odd.

w
OOH now, I see Joplin 700 has changed to 1C9 from 1c5 - what the heck is going on!?

nd5y

Why would the system folk change a NAC? I can see if there were a new neighbor with a conflict,
It could be due to interference from something on one of the inputs (not an immediate neighbor) with the same NAC.
Maybe they are making other changes to the system.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
ND5Y: you may be onto something - a newish 700 site at Osceola was also 1c5 site NAC about 100 miles away. Can't see it today, wonder if it has changed.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
And now I see that Liberal 700 site 64 now has site NAC of 1C4 (was 1CF)
ANYONE near Springfield 700 able to see if it has changed?
ALSO anyone near ANY 700MHz site please see if the site NAC s the same as in the RR Database!
I'm giving it a day more before I submit these 3 changes.

w

Status
Not open for further replies.