2019 Jeep Compass

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
So I went from a 2017 Ram 1500 (lease) that yes I did drill an nmo hole in the roof of and no mention or concern of at trade back to my 2019 Jeep Compass Latitude. I have a trusty FTM-100D mounted on a Pro Clips mount to the dash and my controller for my rear light bar for the Fire Department. Rest of my first responder lights is still in progress like hiding that unsightly windshield light power cable soon. Radio and external speaker are mounted under the driver's and passenger seats. 2 NMO antennas drilled in the roof one for HAM and the other was a place holder or should I take my Home Patrol 2 on a road trip then I have an spot for the antenna. Power for radio is taken from the battery and ran down along the firewall through a grommet in the floor sealed with RTV. I don't know what kind of rubber they used by the main harness running through the firewall but I can not get through that with anything I have to make a slot to get wires through there. I may try harder here before winter hits as I would like to also run wires for my front lights through the same spot.

IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8581.jpg
    IMG_8581.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
Another proper install. Well done!
“Proper” a little improvement needed, to get it exactly how I want it. I want to change up a few things that hopefully I will get some time in next few weeks. Thank you for the comments.

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Very clean, professional install. Nice job!

I'm 1/2 way thru my Jeep Cherokee Unlimited lease, looking to move to a RAM afterward. Kinda' sound familiar? LOL

I've been trying to figure out how to mount some radio gear, and finding ways that DON'T work in such a tight vehicle, however, TOTALLY forgetting about the ProClip! <duh> I've used them before with success. Thanks for the "aha!" moment. I'm surfing over to ProClip.com right now to get my order in.

Status
Not open for further replies.