2019 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

N0UDG

Premium Subscriber
ProScan found on 9/24/19 at about 4:47 PM a New TG - 3955 in Troop E (Poplar Bluff).

I heard no traffic on the two transmissions (11 seconds long total) but it was displayed as "LINK". RSSI was -91.

RR database does not have it.

zzdiesel

Premium Subscriber
ProScan found on 9/24/19 at about 4:47 PM a New TG - 3955 in Troop E (Poplar Bluff).

I heard no traffic on the two transmissions (11 seconds long total) but it was displayed as "LINK". RSSI was -91.

RR database does not have it.
Could those be datalinks for the terminals in the patrol cars?

N0UDG

Premium Subscriber
I had not thought of that, but it very well could be.

That would certainly explain the lack of voice.

Thanks!

stlouisx50

Is the 700,mhz simulcast system in St. Charles County in use? I have always used the Weldon Springs site and thought that was the only one. All this time I thought 700mhz was the SLATER system, but they are 800mhz...

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Is the 700,mhz simulcast system in St. Charles County in use? I have always used the Weldon Springs site and thought that was the only one. All this time I thought 700mhz was the SLATER system, but they are 800mhz...
I've not heard that site 2-004 since before the VHF Moswin sites started lighting up I don't think.
I thought at one time it was called the O'Fallon site but it does not show up as a neighbor site for any Moswin or Slater sites so it appears dead. I guess it could be some kind of a backup but you would think it would be on the air if that were the case or at least showing up as a failed neighbor site in Pro96com.
I still run the listed frequencies once in a while but never hear any activity.
Maybe it will become another fill in site like have been popping up in other areas of the state on Moswin.

That site still shows an active license but it is licensed to St Charles County government and not the state like Moswin sites are so it is an odd one. And your mention of Slater makes me think it could have started out under the Slater system also which may be the reason for the license holder.

As crowded as the 800 band is getting around here, it may be a good set of frequencies to keep in a scan bank as someone will eventually light it up.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
O'ffallon, MO PD is listed on MOSWIN under St Charles County. The old 800MHz system they were on was the old St Louis City 800 system. Not sure why they were on it but it seemed to work, I guess. Isn't the police chief of O'ffallon a former high ranking city officer. Assistant chief or something. Maybe he just wanted to keep his roots with the city.

stlouisx50

O'ffallon, MO PD is listed on MOSWIN under St Charles County. The old 800MHz system they were on was the old St Louis City 800 system. Not sure why they were on it but it seemed to work, I guess. Isn't the police chief of O'ffallon a former high ranking city officer. Assistant chief or something. Maybe he just wanted to keep his roots with the city.
Yeah I noticed someone put the info in the database wrong too. St. Charles City and ST. Peter's as well if I recall.