2019 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The 396XT has the ability to work with Pro96Com which I may "fire up" and see the neighbors for this new 700 MHz CAPRAD site.

The displays are nice on the SDS models but I too find the need to remove one item because I need something else. Mostly when switching from analog Motorola smartnet trunking systems with P25 systems. Oh well, I guess we can't have it all!

I also use older radios with Pro96com. Mostly a set of 996XTs plus a 396XT and a PSR600 or even an old Pro-96. For some reason, I think the two GRE designs may not output all the data into Pro96com so I don't use them near as much.
For the older Uniden's, I'll usually have one on the Imperial site, one on the Weldon Spring site and the 396XT will be on the St Louis City 800 MHz site which is also a Moswin site today. I find the need to monitor the simulcast St Louis City site is pretty often due to the state mobiles not always getting a signal and associating with either the Weldon or Imperial sites. If you don't monitor the city site and at least Imperial or Weldon, you will miss traffic around here for Troop C and state Interop talkgroups for example. Those TGs are allowed on the cities 800 MHz system but the cities TGs are not allowed on the VHF Moswin sites. This can all be seen in Pro96com which is a valuable resource!

RF23

Premium Subscriber
The displays are nice on the SDS models but I too find the need to remove one item because I need something else. Mostly when switching from analog Motorola smartnet trunking systems with P25 systems. Oh well, I guess we can't have it all!

I also use older radios with Pro96com. Mostly a set of 996XTs plus a 396XT and a PSR600 or even an old Pro-96. For some reason, I think the two GRE designs may not output all the data into Pro96com so I don't use them near as much.
For the older Uniden's, I'll usually have one on the Imperial site, one on the Weldon Spring site and the 396XT will be on the St Louis City 800 MHz site which is also a Moswin site today. I find the need to monitor the simulcast St Louis City site is pretty often due to the state mobiles not always getting a signal and associating with either the Weldon or Imperial sites. If you don't monitor the city site and at least Imperial or Weldon, you will miss traffic around here for Troop C and state Interop talkgroups for example. Those TGs are allowed on the cities 800 MHz system but the cities TGs are not allowed on the VHF Moswin sites. This can all be seen in Pro96com which is a valuable resource!

In using the 396XT which setting, CC Output or the CC Output Extended seems to work the best with Pro96Com? I have never set down and compared them but I usually use the Extended setting thinking it might give more data.

Why Uniden chose to remove the CC Channel Output functionality from their radios is strange. As far as I know, only the XT models have this capability.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
In using the 396XT which setting, CC Output or the CC Output Extended seems to work the best with Pro96Com? I have never set down and compared them but I usually use the Extended setting thinking it might give more data.

Why Uniden chose to remove the CC Channel Output functionality from their radios is strange. As far as I know, only the XT models have this capability.

I don't have an answer about regular or extended CC Out. They both seem to work as well with Pro96com. I let the two 996XTs run with separate instances of Pro96com with Extended out on one 996 and regular out on the other 996 and Pro96com logged identical data. Perhaps there are some control codes spit out in Extended mode that Pro96com does not know how to decode but I sure could not catch it.
Like you, I do usually have it set to Extended though. For my tests, I'll either select the Imperial or Weldon Spring Moswin sites as those sites both give me darn near equal signal levels.

I agree they should have still given us CC out on the newer models. I'm not sure if the SDS models even have a data slicer in them to extract the CC data but they read the data internally somehow so you would think they would still be capable of outputting CC data.
Maybe this is a future feature of the Micro USB-1 Ports that seem to mostly do nothing right now. I'd love to see pure unfiltered baseband audio also so one could use an SDS model with Unitrunker or DSD+. It would be nice if the unused Micro usb ports could be configured for either output type from a menu item! I guess that's asking too much though.

You are correct that only the XT models appear to have offered CC out. I'm not sure if the P2 XT versions still offer CC out as I never purchase any of those models. I also have a few older x96T models and they do not off CC out or even UID display. I wish the older T models did have CC out! They don't have enough memory space to hold entire statewide P25 systems for many systems. One must break up the systems into several Systems to get it all to fit. They still work well though. I also like the ability to select Manual P25 decode settings which was taken away in the XT series. It seems that Uniden always removes a nice feature when they come out with an upgraded model! Sure, the new model may have a new feature or two but why remove some of the common features that many used on the older model. Makes no sense! Fixed line level audio out was also a nice feature that is now gone today. That was perfect for feeding external audio devices and for those into live audio streaming.

With the 6+ MHz or wider front ends in the SDS models, a true baseband audio out may not work worth a darn unless it is using an unfiltered source after the so called "filters".

I'm still not convinced the filters in the SDS models are true Low and High pass filters in the sense we are used to using externally such as those made by PAR for example. They don't really seem to work like a typical low or high pass filter anyway. That's my two cents after playing with the filter settings for hours upon hours on different signals in all the bands the SDS models can receive. They really seem like they may be applying filtering in an IF stage instead of the actual tuned frequency which could still be leaving the TV Tuner front end run wide open. It's hard to tell really.

I have a 700 MHz Moswin site that my SDS100 works very well when the filter is set to Off. That setting works day after day only to suddenly stop working a couple days later with the exact same incoming signal conditions. When Off fails, I usually find the Wide Invert or Wide Normal filter will work for a couple days before I must go back to Off again. That one is frustrating! No rhyme or reason why the filter mode must be changed in the SDS100 after working so well for days.

Back on topic, I only have one 700 MHz Moswin site within range. I also have the 800 MHz simulcast site in St Louis City.
The 800 MHz site can be tricky being simulcast but I aim a 12 element yagi towards the city and usually have no LSM issues.
All the other Moswin sites I monitor are all VHF sites.
I did notice a couple months ago that the Weldon Spring site changed its CC to what was the Alternate of 154.695. The old CC was 152.660. I had issues with the 152.660 CC due to paging signal overload from very near paging signals on both 152.240 and 152.690. Both run from tall hospital rooftops about a mile from me. Some Moswin user radios had problems not hearing dispatch call at times. They always seemed to be at one of these hospitals are very close to them. Was the paging signals causing the subscriber radios to desense and not hear the CC? I don't know but that may be why the swapped the CCs for that site.
The old CC is now considered the alternate when watching the data with Pro96com. I suspect this may be a permanent change.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I don't have an answer about regular or extended CC Out. They both seem to work as well with Pro96com. I let the two 996XTs run with separate instances of Pro96com with Extended out on one 996 and regular out on the other 996 and Pro96com logged identical data. Perhaps there are some control codes spit out in Extended mode that Pro96com does not know how to decode but I sure could not catch it.
Like you, I do usually have it set to Extended though. For my tests, I'll either select the Imperial or Weldon Spring Moswin sites as those sites both give me darn near equal signal levels.

I agree they should have still given us CC out on the newer models. I'm not sure if the SDS models even have a data slicer in them to extract the CC data but they read the data internally somehow so you would think they would still be capable of outputting CC data.
Maybe this is a future feature of the Micro USB-1 Ports that seem to mostly do nothing right now. I'd love to see pure unfiltered baseband audio also so one could use an SDS model with Unitrunker or DSD+. It would be nice if the unused Micro usb ports could be configured for either output type from a menu item! I guess that's asking too much though.

You are correct that only the XT models appear to have offered CC out. I'm not sure if the P2 XT versions still offer CC out as I never purchase any of those models. I also have a few older x96T models and they do not off CC out or even UID display. I wish the older T models did have CC out! They don't have enough memory space to hold entire statewide P25 systems for many systems. One must break up the systems into several Systems to get it all to fit. They still work well though. I also like the ability to select Manual P25 decode settings which was taken away in the XT series. It seems that Uniden always removes a nice feature when they come out with an upgraded model! Sure, the new model may have a new feature or two but why remove some of the common features that many used on the older model. Makes no sense! Fixed line level audio out was also a nice feature that is now gone today. That was perfect for feeding external audio devices and for those into live audio streaming.

With the 6+ MHz or wider front ends in the SDS models, a true baseband audio out may not work worth a darn unless it is using an unfiltered source after the so called "filters".

I'm still not convinced the filters in the SDS models are true Low and High pass filters in the sense we are used to using externally such as those made by PAR for example. They don't really seem to work like a typical low or high pass filter anyway. That's my two cents after playing with the filter settings for hours upon hours on different signals in all the bands the SDS models can receive. They really seem like they may be applying filtering in an IF stage instead of the actual tuned frequency which could still be leaving the TV Tuner front end run wide open. It's hard to tell really.

I have a 700 MHz Moswin site that my SDS100 works very well when the filter is set to Off. That setting works day after day only to suddenly stop working a couple days later with the exact same incoming signal conditions. When Off fails, I usually find the Wide Invert or Wide Normal filter will work for a couple days before I must go back to Off again. That one is frustrating! No rhyme or reason why the filter mode must be changed in the SDS100 after working so well for days.

Back on topic, I only have one 700 MHz Moswin site within range. I also have the 800 MHz simulcast site in St Louis City.
The 800 MHz site can be tricky being simulcast but I aim a 12 element yagi towards the city and usually have no LSM issues.
All the other Moswin sites I monitor are all VHF sites.
I did notice a couple months ago that the Weldon Spring site changed its CC to what was the Alternate of 154.695. The old CC was 152.660. I had issues with the 152.660 CC due to paging signal overload from very near paging signals on both 152.240 and 152.690. Both run from tall hospital rooftops about a mile from me. Some Moswin user radios had problems not hearing dispatch call at times. They always seemed to be at one of these hospitals are very close to them. Was the paging signals causing the subscriber radios to desense and not hear the CC? I don't know but that may be why the swapped the CCs for that site.
The old CC is now considered the alternate when watching the data with Pro96com. I suspect this may be a permanent change.

Here in Southeast Missouri we had a site change its control channel to one of the voice channels, I guess do to interference. People doing control channel only would have noticed but I had all the frequencies in the scanner so until I ran Pro96Com I did not know this had happened.

I submitted the new MOSWIN CAPRAD 700MHz Dexter Site info to RR.Com along with the neighbors. However, it said that there was 249 pending submissions so it may be awhile before it shows up.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I submitted the new MOSWIN CAPRAD 700MHz Dexter Site info to RR.Com along with the neighbors. However, it said that there was 249 pending submissions so it may be awhile before it shows up.

Usually Terry (Starcom21) gets to them fairly quick. He will often work them on Sundays or Saturdays so any changes are included in Uniden's data pulls on Sunday evenings. I think he also watches these threads in the Missouri forum as some things mentioned here will show up. I'm not saying your submission will show up by tomorrow though!!

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Would love to see the Pro96com info!

Here is the data from Pro96Com on the New Dexter 700MHz site. It is from two different days. There are over 40 different TGs
The txt files seem to open with better formatting if you use word instead of Wordpad (the default). Of course they can be imported into Excel.

In the 2 or 3 days I monitored this new site with an SDS100 using the detailed trunking screen and ProScan I was not surprised to find that Saturday afternoon when using Pro96Com it confirmed all that I had found before and added more info..

Since this is a new site changes may occur but I did not expect that in about one hour Sunday morning Pro96Com would record almost 300 hits (I was getting groceries). All I know is that a J4 or fatality occurred, no other info like why, who, how many, etc.. Normally I have Proscan running and REC on the scanner going to correlate the two if needed, but I did not think to do this with Pro96Com since it normally this job takes me less than one hour from the house.

The system may have been over loaded and/or suffered a failure as the freq. designated as the alternate channel was now an “av” channel with 8 voice calls and more surprising the ID channel was now “vi” and carried 66 voice calls during this one hour period. The failure may have been a frequency that for the last two days carried about 15% to 20% voice traffic but carried no traffic Sunday.

Attachments

• Radios.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 29
  • TalkGroups.txt
    4 KB · Views: 28
  • Tower003040.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 27

cnmsales

Hey guys. Not sure who is responsible for maintaining the MOSWIN stuff but I was monitoring tonight when 3545 RegI IO 3545Region I - Interop (Macon/Pulaski Counties) came up. What I heard was Hypo contacting and talking with Leclede county as well. They didn't have a state officer available and were requesting a Leclede officer to clear road debris.

nd5y

Another new site in CAPRAD or one I overlooked.
Portageville
New Madrid County

semo

The following has been submitted. The current listing for the New Madrid site is actually Portageville. Here is the New Madrid info.
Site 3-56 New Madrid
NAC 1C5 WPTZ785
773.04375 CC
773.29375 Alt

The sites are relatively close to each other.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Anyone here monitor Phelps Co. Moswin? I have had trouble for some time now with signal strength going up and down, and the system quality almost nonexistent. Strange that I have no problems with all the other sites around me, some even farther away no problem. I even went to the fcc listing and added in the frequencies that aren't listed on RR and still not any better. Same problems on my 396xt as well as my HP2.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about Phelps Co site but I can say that monitoring the 700MHz site in/near Bennett Spring State park has got me a little confused. Stayed in Bennett for two nights and took a drive to Tunas one day. Most, but not all, of the radio traffic I heard came through the new 700 site. There were other VHF sites that were used but I did not see which ones they were as I was driving. Just barely got to see the Bennett site show up. I know, I was bad. On the 700MHz site I was hearing all kinds of Troop D and F radio traffic. I understand how the system works so I am "completely guessing" that most of the time there must have been multiple trooper cars/radios that were close enough to the 700 site to "affiliate" with it. There is no way that Troop D traffic was on the Bennett site the whole time while we were down there. Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.