2019 Western Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Here’s mine, the Western Star actually has a GPS mount that works perfectly for holding the SDS200 solid on my dashboard

24f7868c37863206ad3ea2335c905b59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kjfswkr

Looks nice! Curious though. I thought commercial trucks could not have scanners in them? Again, curious and I am open to learning.

73’

Kevin

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator I’ve never seen a special law for commercial drivers, never had an issue, just turn it off during an inspection

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Had scanners in my trucks for 17 years and not too much was ever said about them even during DOT inspections. I always had FCC license on lanyard in full view hanging from headache rack just to dissuade any questions. I can count on one hand the times my scanners were discussed with LEOs, and it was usually a pleasant conversation. If you don't start trouble there won't be any trouble.

JD
kf4anc

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Had scanners in my trucks for 17 years and not too much was ever said about them even during DOT inspections. I always had FCC license on lanyard in full view hanging from headache rack just to dissuade any questions. I can count on one hand the times my scanners were discussed with LEOs, and it was usually a pleasant conversation. If you don't start trouble there won't be any trouble.

JD
kf4anc

;)

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Just to mention - those Western Stars have the best roomiest condos I have ever seen, even bigger I think than my old Freightliner Classic interior. The last 12 years I drove I was assigned a Freightliner Century class and the Western Star condo made mine look like a walk-in closet lol. But, mine was a company truck. My trucks and horsey trailer filled my driveway. I eventually had to have it redone as my big truck cracked the concrete lol

JD
kf4anc

Attachments

• trux2.jpg
    trux2.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 259
  • truck2b.jpg
    truck2b.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 274
Status
Not open for further replies.