2020 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyjohn

I have a site on a P25 Statewide system it as RRSP after the site of the county the sites in. what does RRSP mean? thank you..
Cassville RRSP has the same CC frequency as 3 other MOSWIN sites. I do not believe that you could be picking up the RRSP site as it is south of Monett. Your scanner will say that but you are probably receiving the Fair Grove sight that has the same control channel and is a lot closer. You could verify what site it is by the voice frequencies as they are different for each site or you could tell by the NAC if they are updated and correct in the database.

wb0wao

Cape Girardeau PD and FD have transitioned to MOSWIN. CGPD Main tg 4203 & CGFD Main tg 4210 / CGFD Fireground tg 4215

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Laclede Co. has apparently added at least one new TG.. have copied traffic briefly on 5218 that sounds like Fire Traffic, but not enough to confirm just yet..
Anyone in that area know of any updates?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
That's ok. I was not aware of the info being outdated.

Hey do you live in the area of Mississippi. ?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I was told that was outdated information. So that's why I thought I would ask here.
If ambulance service is supplied by a county department and not some private organization, they should be in the same 56xx talkgroup range that the other Mississippi county talkgroups are in.
If nobody knows, you might find it if they use it often by putting a scanner in that area into ID Search mode so unknown talkgroups are displayed and heard. I'd think it would be pretty easy to ID ambulance users by voice content if they show up.

If the ambulance service is supplied by a hospital or some other company, they may not be on Moswin. An example would be the Mercy EMS talkgroups which are on Moswin. These type users would not be in the Mississippi county 56xx talkgroup range as they are not a Mississippi county agency. They would be in another range assigned to whomever is supplying EMS services to the county (Mercy in this case). In the example, the Mercy EMS example uses 5 digit talkgroups in the 239xx range in several counties. This would be harder to find on Moswin if that's how ambulance service is provided to Mississippi county.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
Hello, I monitor MHP Troop D, does anyone know if West and South dispatch is down? I didn't receive West or South dispatch last night or this morning. Thank You...

Last edited:

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Specifics would help. Troop C? Do you mean a “west” tower? What exactly are you asking.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of a Mississippi Co Ambulance TGID? I am trying to help a friend program a scanner however I do not see it on the MOSWIN system. He is fairly certain they run on MOSWIN but there has not been a update for it.
DMR vs P25 and trunking can be determined by the radio model they are using. He also may mean that they have MOSWIN radios but run operations on DMR. You can also search FCC database and see what emissions they are licensed for. If they're doing it right it will show DMR as an emission they are licensed for.

Part of the fun IMO is finding new things or verifying info and submitting to database so others can use the data. Don't always assume the answers are here.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Troop D, WEST, SOUTH Dispatch.
Are you talking about the old Low Band channels on 42.100 and 42.120 or the Talkgroups for Troop D Dispatch on Moswin?
If Moswin, I never knew they carried the South and West names over to the respective talkgroups on the Moswin system.

I know they use low band more in Troop D compared with Troop C where it's rarely used but both channels are still tested every Sunday morning with tests to several troopers with the Troop C boundries.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
Are you talking about the old Low Band channels on 42.100 and 42.120 or the Talkgroups for Troop D Dispatch on Moswin?
If Moswin, I never knew they carried the South and West names over to the respective talkgroups on the Moswin system.

I know they use low band more in Troop D compared with Troop C where it's rarely used but both channels are still tested every Sunday morning with tests to several troopers with the Troop C boundries.
no, Talkgroups'. You never heard of Dispatch East , West and South?

Status
Not open for further replies.