2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

KA0KDW

So if you're in the St Louis Area, which MOSWIN tower would you program to hear the park service? St Louis South 2 005?
When I’ve been on the STL area I’ve never heard talk group 3101 used by parks service in south central Missouri. That being said it’s very possible that the dispatch does not use RF on MOSWIN. it’s very possible that the dispatch is connected directly via Y1 or fiber to a master site.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
When I’ve been on the STL area I’ve never heard talk group 3101 used by parks service in south central Missouri. That being said it’s very possible that the dispatch does not use RF on MOSWIN. it’s very possible that the dispatch is connected directly via Y1 or fiber to a master site.
3101 is heard here mostly on the STL City site 201 but I also hear them on the Weldon Spring site 316 as well. It really depends if a user on that talkgroup is affiliated with the Weldon Spring site though.
Rumor has it that they have a dispatcher for the NPS on the ARCH grounds. I myself have never verified this however.
When float trip season was active this past summer, TG 3101 was heard nearly 24x7 here from the Eminence, MO area or basically all the areas that cover the Ozarks National Scenic Riverways which is controlled by the NPS like Round Springs for example. I knew the areas the rangers mentioned very well as I used to float those streams back in my much younger days.
I've also heard the NPS dispatcher using his same callsign (Arrowhead is the call used by NPS dispatch on the radio) on some of the Federal P25 conventional frequencies listed for the STL area or under the federal category for the state. I forget which but I do remember they were VHF and in the 17x.xxx range here.
It was also the same person talking as the voice matched with what's heard on Moswin. When I heard them on the conventional P25 freqs here, they were not heard on any Moswin site within my range at all.

TG3101 is active today on site 201 talking with someone at Round Spring.

KA0KDW

3101 is heard here mostly on the STL City site 201 but I also hear them on the Weldon Spring site 316 as well. It really depends if a user on that talkgroup is affiliated with the Weldon Spring site though.
Rumor has it that they have a dispatcher for the NPS on the ARCH grounds. I myself have never verified this however.
When float trip season was active this past summer, TG 3101 was heard nearly 24x7 here from the Eminence, MO area or basically all the areas that cover the Ozarks National Scenic Riverways which is controlled by the NPS like Round Springs for example. I knew the areas the rangers mentioned very well as I used to float those streams back in my much younger days.
I've also heard the NPS dispatcher using his same callsign (Arrowhead is the call used by NPS dispatch on the radio) on some of the Federal P25 conventional frequencies listed for the STL area or under the federal category for the state. I forget which but I do remember they were VHF and in the 17x.xxx range here.
It was also the same person talking as the voice matched with what's heard on Moswin. When I heard them on the conventional P25 freqs here, they were not heard on any Moswin site within my range at all.

TG3101 is active today on site 201 talking with someone at Round Spring.
Per a MSHP tech the parks service does still use their P25 VHD freq in the scenic River ways area. I’d Imogene they still use it in STL area as well. I’d imagine the local VHF might be used for more car to car traffic.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Per a MSHP tech the parks service does still use their P25 VHD freq in the scenic River ways area. I’d Imogene they still use it in STL area as well. I’d imagine the local VHF might be used for more car to car traffic.
Thanks for the info. I always wondered if they still used that down in the actual river areas. I used to monitor them back in my floating days but coverage was not always the best when you were on the river at low elevations. They did seem to have pretty decent coverage at the common areas where people would put in or be taken out of the river though. Also good coverage at the common or larger campgrounds which I think were mostly privately run back then. My memory is foggy on that part.
Of course it was all analog back then!

I'd also say you are probably correct about it being car to car type traffic when I hear the NPS dispatcher here in STL on VHF. It's not a repeater for sure so I usually only hear the dispatch signal. There were a handful of rare times that I heard what was probably a mobile responding.
I know they use a simplex VHF P25 frequency for the guys actually working at the Arch grounds but those are almost always just portable radios.

KA0KDW

Thanks for the info. I always wondered if they still used that down in the actual river areas. I used to monitor them back in my floating days but coverage was not always the best when you were on the river at low elevations. They did seem to have pretty decent coverage at the common areas where people would put in or be taken out of the river though. Also good coverage at the common or larger campgrounds which I think were mostly privately run back then. My memory is foggy on that part.
Of course it was all analog back then!

I'd also say you are probably correct about it being car to car type traffic when I hear the NPS dispatcher here in STL on VHF. It's not a repeater for sure so I usually only hear the dispatch signal. There were a handful of rare times that I heard what was probably a mobile responding.
I know they use a simplex VHF P25 frequency for the guys actually working at the Arch grounds but those are almost always just portable radios.
Yeah the HP tech says it’s a repeater down in the River way area. He says for sure their dispatch is in Arch.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Well, It does not appear Springfield fire will make it onboard the 800mhz simulcast system before end of year……

KA0KDW

Well, It does not appear Springfield fire will make it onboard the 800mhz simulcast system before end of year……
I talked to one of the directors over the radio a couple weeks ago. SPD isn’t expected to be complete until mid to late habitats. Fire will start as soon as that is complete. Fire should be complete by mid February. That’s assuming SPD doesn’t delay the process again.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I talked to one of the directors over the radio a couple weeks ago. SPD isn’t expected to be complete until mid to late habitats. Fire will start as soon as that is complete. Fire should be complete by mid February. That’s assuming SPD doesn’t delay the process again.
Forgive me, what is mid to late habitats? 🤔😁

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Hey Gang, One of my recording, I came across a tgid of 13004 that I can not ID either the talkgroup or the displayed UID of 610067.

So if anyone has a clue on who it is. It would be deeply appreciated a lot.

Thanks a bunch.

owen0445

Hello, I have an extensive list of over 700 Unit IDs for my BC436 radio consisting mostly of MSHP units and St Louis City Fire & EMS if you're interested. A few from the other Troops and agencies too. If interested contact me direct, netowen@hotmail.com

KA0KDW

Hello, I have an extensive list of over 700 Unit IDs for my BC436 radio consisting mostly of MSHP units and St Louis City Fire & EMS if you're interested. A few from the other Troops and agencies too. If interested contact me direct, netowen@hotmail.com
The one issue with tracking RID’s for troopers is that when they get a new vehicle they also get a new radio with a new RID. So every now and then their mobile RID changes.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
That's why to keep on top of the UID (RID) changes. To attempt in keeping it little bit accurate.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
8600625rf.jpgSaw the Zone 4 Site NAC on 860.0625 while in Springfield yesterday.
Not on the MOSWIN license
(The "10 Sec beep MMR?) is for a St Joe system - just happened to have that bank selected.
I wonder if this is an intermod product or real RF on this freq?

KA0KDW

View attachment 114816Saw the Zone 4 Site NAC on 860.0625 while in Springfield yesterday.
Not on the MOSWIN license
(The "10 Sec beep MMR?) is for a St Joe system - just happened to have that bank selected.
I wonder if this is an intermod product or real RF on this freq?
As far as I’m aware of this frequency is not part of the system. I don’t recall seeing it on the CU license (license holder for the 800 system) it’s also not one of the 18 channels that will be part of the 800 system was complete.

owen0445

Most of this info is accurate. I won't get into details on a public thread but would try to clear up basic questions via direct message to netowen@hotmail.com if interested.

Rodney, Arrowhead Regional Comm Center-St. Louis, Missouri

MissouriMule

Premium Subscriber
So my suspicion is growing that the MOSWIN Zone 4 - Springfield 800 site will be simulcast. I'm not familiar enough with simulcast to know what to look for to confirm this. Does anyone else on this thread have ears in the Springfield area that can help me out? UniTrunker data has been good. My signal strength isn't great, but I just assumed maybe the site that I'm monitoring was on lower power based on the fact that the system isn't active yet. The signal strength wavers a lot.. it's not consistently bad or good. Also, UniTrunker has been adding a Delegate to the MOSWIN system when monitoring 859.9625. And I've always thought that the control channel sounds really distorted or very similar to static... unlike most control channels I monitor.

Can anyone provide any insight on possible issues? I'm using a Uniden 780XLT with a discriminator tap to decode the control channel. My Radio Shack Pro96 has issues with decoding the control channel with Pro96com. Unfortunately, SDR and Pro2096 are my only available digital options to monitor. I've heard very limited voice traffic while monitoring conventional (not trunked) on the Zone 4 frequencies and they seem to sound okay, strong signal.. etc.

Any help is appreciated!
Out of curiosity how do you tell what tower it is?
I too live in se side off Mt Vernon between chestnut and sunshine.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
@MissouriMule - since all towers in a simo site transmit the same info at exactly the same time it is very hard to tell which you are listening to. Using the receiver's attenuate function and a direcional beam can give some clues, though.