2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the talkgroups for Mo National Guard on MOSWIN?
You need to tell us what you heard on 21314 and what tower site you heard it on before anyone can possibly help you.
@scannerowner asked you for this info but you sure did not reply with a very good answer to his question. You just repeated the talkgroup number that you already posted, nothing about what he asked for.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
You need to tell us what you heard on 21314 and what tower site you heard it on before anyone can possibly help you.
@scannerowner asked you for this info but you sure did not reply with a very good answer to his question. You just repeated the talkgroup number that you already posted, nothing about what he asked for.
I didnt hear anything, was wanting to know if the is any Mo National Guard Tlakgroups on MOWIN?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The 21314 Unique ID listed on that sub-category page has nothing to do with an actual talkgroup on the system. It's just a number used by the RRDB probably for indexing purposes for the web site part.
But now we know where 436isthe1 came up with that TG number in the 1st place!

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
With a bit of enhancement, I am receiving Fair Grove site this AM.
Using PRO96com, it is reporting site 1-85 as "failed" with a control channel of 769.15625
Something to look for near Springfield!

foster_006

With a bit of enhancement, I am receiving Fair Grove site this AM.
Using PRO96com, it is reporting site 1-85 as "failed" with a control channel of 769.15625
Something to look for near Springfield!
I'll do some snooping.. but I haven't noted any significant changes lately. They're still doing some testing. Very minimal voice traffic on the Springfield/Greene Co Digital side, mostly just radio key ups and data bursts. I've heard radio techs talking to each other a few times on the analog system... but again.. minimal. UniTrunker doesn't show any peer sites on Zone 4 Site 1, nor does it show site 1-85 on the Fair Grove site. Could it be a trailer site?

I am monitoring via UniTrunker. In my limited experience with Pro96Com, I did see it has the ability to see the raw data coming in from the CC. UniTrunker, to my knowledge, does not have that ability.

Also, I finally caved last night and put my name on the back-ordered list for an SDS 200. That hurt the pocket book. Lol

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I'll do some snooping.. but I haven't noted any significant changes lately. They're still doing some testing. Very minimal voice traffic on the Springfield/Greene Co Digital side, mostly just radio key ups and data bursts. I've heard radio techs talking to each other a few times on the analog system... but again.. minimal. UniTrunker doesn't show any peer sites on Zone 4 Site 1, nor does it show site 1-85 on the Fair Grove site. Could it be a trailer site?

I am monitoring via UniTrunker. In my limited experience with Pro96Com, I did see it has the ability to see the raw data coming in from the CC. UniTrunker, to my knowledge, does not have that ability.

Also, I finally caved last night and put my name on the back-ordered list for an SDS 200. That hurt the pocket book. Lol
I think it may be a new trailer, and no I do not think it will show up in ZOne 4!

daddyjohn

Good luck with your new scanner, hopefully it won't take too long to get. It will be good for that area.

436isthe1

I programmed more Moswin Talkgroups in. What is Law 1 used for on talkgroup 23632? Thank you..

Last edited:

daddyjohn

I programmed more Moswin Talkgroups in. What is Law 1 used for on talkgroup 23632? Thank you..
TG 23632 is a talkgroup that is for Law Agencies in Region D to talk on. For example, last year whenever the Jasper County Sheriff's Office was testing the MoSwin system to see if they wanted to use it or not, they were using this TG, 23632.

436isthe1

TG 23632 is a talkgroup that is for Law Agencies in Region D to talk on. For example, last year whenever the Jasper County Sheriff's Office was testing the MoSwin system to see if they wanted to use it or not, they were using this TG, 23632.
I received a Trooper talking to unknown saying he was coming into Polk County.

foster_006

Was monitoring the MOSWIN SGF 700 (site 001-053) and heard what sounded like a regional roll call. After concluding the roll call, the person conducting the roll call stated they would continue with their scheduled meeting at 1300. Also heard him call the channel "MHA 2". It's talkgroup 3956, not currently listed in the database. Might keep an ear out. I'll be monitoring for a bit longer but have somewhere to be soon.

Edit: Statewide roll call by region.

Last edited:

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
For those monitoring MOSWIN in the St. Louis area, be aware of a few talk groups that have not been documented in the database from what I can see. During last night's fiasco at the West County Mall the police operations were on an encrypted SLATER talkgroup SLC LAW 2 (which has also not been documented, however I don't know who would want to scan for that one lol) and it was patched with Troop C "Dispatch 7" so that state troopers could hear the traffic, per a MSHP dispatcher on Troop C Dispatch 1. There does not appear to be a "Dispatch 7" in the database for Troop C, so I am not sure what this could be. I am not as well versed in scanning for new talk groups so I figured I would put this info out here for those that are.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
For those monitoring MOSWIN in the St. Louis area, be aware of a few talk groups that have not been documented in the database from what I can see. During last night's fiasco at the West County Mall the police operations were on an encrypted SLATER talkgroup SLC LAW 2 (which has also not been documented, however I don't know who would want to scan for that one lol) and it was patched with Troop C "Dispatch 7" so that state troopers could hear the traffic, per a MSHP dispatcher on Troop C Dispatch 1. There does not appear to be a "Dispatch 7" in the database for Troop C, so I am not sure what this could be. I am not as well versed in scanning for new talk groups so I figured I would put this info out here for those that are.
Slater SLC Law 2 is TG 53302 which is listed as an Interop TG I believe. This same TG was used before Slater was signed off on with Motorola during the Ferguson Riots as a Command Post channel but as stated, Slater itself did not officially exist during the Ferguson Riots. There was some talk about not using it (Slater) during the riots as doing so may have been taken as an acceptance of the system contract but apparently it was agreed upon that it could be used without worry of it causing the contract to be accepted. The Slater system was still in the testing phase at that time.
I did not confirm Slater 53302 was indeed in use for the West County Mall incident using control channel logs so the above TG could be wrong but it's what I've had in my notes for ages.

On Moswin, Troop C Dispatch 7 is TG 17. I believe it may be incorrectly labeled as Car 7 in the database here. Car (car to car 7) 7 is actually on TG 18 which is also listed as a speed trap TG. Car to Car 7 would be correct for TG 18.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
SLC LAW 2 I am guessing is a SLATER TG. There is an encrypted channel labeled SLC Law 1 in the database. I heard the Troop C dispatcher tell responding troopers what channel the on scene operations were on. At that time I was only assuming that, maybe, the troopers cars had a radio with SLATER channels. I was not lucky enough to hear any "dispatch 7" traffic but what I heard from Troop C was on TG 7. With encryption we can only guess as to what channels, new or current, they were using.