2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

kruser

Premium Subscriber
SLC LAW 2 I am guessing is a SLATER TG. There is an encrypted channel labeled SLC Law 1 in the database. I heard the Troop C dispatcher tell responding troopers what channel the on scene operations were on. At that time I was only assuming that, maybe, the troopers cars had a radio with SLATER channels. I was not lucky enough to hear any "dispatch 7" traffic but what I heard from Troop C was on TG 7. With encryption we can only guess as to what channels, new or current, they were using.
I've also logged a TG 55425 on Slater which is right below the SLC Law 1 on TG 55426 that you mention. 55427 is point to point so 55425 is possibly SLC Law 2. The chatter on 55425 has always been encrypted so I've never caught a name but the RID's logged were always from a wide variety of cars from most municipalities around the county. I always considered 55425 a Riot channel just like the old analog Riot channel on 154.725.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
For Troop C,

TG 17 on Moswin for Troop C is "Troop C Dispatch 7"
TG 18 on Moswin for Troop C is "Troop C Car 7" also known as Car to Car 7 but the troopers usually just say Car 7.

I thought I'd submitted these changes before but when I looked through my submissions, I didn't see them so I likely forgot.
Maybe @Starcom21 will see this and correct those two TG's in the Moswin DB. If not, I'll submit them for updating.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
How is it possible that I can receive Branson Site from over 97+ miles? My outdoor antenna is at 32+ height. Any insight would help.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
How is it possible that I can receive Branson Site from over 97+ miles? My outdoor antenna is at 32+ height. Any insight would help.

You probably aren't... MOSWIN uses the same control frequencies for sites that are far enough apart they won't interfere with each other, so it is possible it will "show" branson when in reality it is a closer site using the same control frequency.
BUT having said that there are times when weather and sunspots, etc can produce conditions where you may hear traffic from areas even a couple hundred miles away on vhf hi frequencies.
I can normally pick up the Springfield 800 system between 3am and 6am, then some nights they will boom in around 10pm...all on a indoor antenna.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Where ever you are, 100 miles from Branson, check the database for the control channels in your area and then check the Branson area control channel. It is probably the same frequency. AND...are you hearing Branson related comms at your location 100 miles away or do you hear comms from your area?

foster_006

Finally got the SDS200 up and running. I found Discovery mode and left it on Zone 4 yesterday. It was a good day to log some voice traffic. One of the radio techs would key up on each channel and say the channel name. No activity so far today though.

I feel confident enough with this information to go ahead and start submitting some entries to the database. Is that enough confirmation to submit?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Finally got the SDS200 up and running. I found Discovery mode and left it on Zone 4 yesterday. It was a good day to log some voice traffic. One of the radio techs would key up on each channel and say the channel name. No activity so far today though.

I feel confident enough with this information to go ahead and start submitting some entries to the database. Is that enough confirmation to submit?
Hearing the channel names is a huge plus. Especially if they end up encrypting some of them.

I'd think you verified enough for a submission or at least a PM to the area DB Admin with the info and get their thoughts. They could consider it temporary data and not add the info yet. It can't hurt to ask though.

You could also post your findings here so others can give input as well. Especially if the system goes live in realtime.
I have a sneaky feeling there are probably several user in the Springfield area watching the new Zone 4 site come to life!

foster_006

Hearing the channel names is a huge plus. Especially if they end up encrypting some of them.

I'd think you verified enough for a submission or at least a PM to the area DB Admin with the info and get their thoughts. They could consider it temporary data and not add the info yet. It can't hurt to ask though.

You could also post your findings here so others can give input as well. Especially if the system goes live in realtime.
I have a sneaky feeling there are probably several user in the Springfield area watching the new Zone 4 site come to life!
Thank you! I'll send the DB admin a message and post them here when I comb through all of the recordings.

There is now some activity today. Mainly just key-ups so far, no voice yet.

LadyBuggy

Newbie question, when Springfield PD and Greene county get up and running will the only transmit off of the Springfield 800 site? Or would they transmit off other sites? Wanting to know so I can set up my scanner for the sites. Thank you.

foster_006

Newbie question, when Springfield PD and Greene county get up and running will the only transmit off of the Springfield 800 site? Or would they transmit off other sites? Wanting to know so I can set up my scanner for the sites. Thank you.
I don't think I can fully answer your question because no one really knows at this point (except the radio techs and some others).

My best guess is that certain talk groups, like travel channels and interoperability channels, would have access to other sites. The main dispatch channels will likely remain in the Zone 4 realm. I'm sure they'll have interop channels much like the analog system that will probably show up on other sites depending on which radios affiliate with each tower.

So, to answer your question... Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe someone else here with more MOSWIN experience can offer their expertise?

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I too, would only be guessing. I think there is already a MOSWIN site located or labeled Springfield. Not sure if the new set up will allow them to use it or not. I was in Springfield over the weekend and was able to find one tower location for site 401 and it was behind city hall. Not sure if there are other antenna locations or not.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I thought I was hallucinating when I saw SLPD with clear communications. I am rather confused. What happened to SLPD on SLATER?

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
I thought I was hallucinating when I saw SLPD with clear communications. I am rather confused. What happened to SLPD on SLATER?
SLPD was never on SLATER, it's always been on MOSWIN. I looked at the database and the dispatch and main car to car talk groups are still listed as DE or De, so no good on those. Looks like a bunch of ops talk groups were recently added, which can't be broadcasted on broadcastify so I am betting they don't really care since the general public can't listen in on the app, which was a lot of the reason for encryption on SLC's side anyway.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
SLPD was never on SLATER, it's always been on MOSWIN. I looked at the database and the dispatch and main car to car talk groups are still listed as DE or De, so no good on those. Looks like a bunch of ops talk groups were recently added, which can't be broadcasted on broadcastify so I am betting they don't really care since the general public can't listen in on the app, which was a lot of the reason for encryption on SLC's side anyway.
Most of the newly highlighted talkgroups are the same as before, just different names or descriptions, the talkgroup numbers themselves existed already.
What was in the clear before is still in the clear today and what was encrypted is still encrypted.
Nothing much was really added when I compared the old with the new. I had a couple TGs entered in as unknown that now have a name so I guess those could be considered new for those that scan only from the RR database and don't search out unknown or unlisted or new talkgroups.

I do wonder where the new names or descriptions came from and if they are accurate as many of the renamed talkgroups have been around for ages (think analog smartnet days) and seemed to carry the traffic their old names implied.

Arkmood

Does any member of the Missouri Radio Discussion Forum (who resides in MO) monitor the Theodosia Site Troop G Dispatch 1 [G-1] Talkgroup 105 ? ...