2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Over in Pulaski county (Saint Robert/Fort Wood area) I saw a new encrypted talk group. TGID 3064. Unit ID’s: 1912243, 1912298.

I have 3064 and it's matching 23064 (usually heard on the west side of the state) listed in the National Guard TG range.
I'm not certain that is the correct user but it's definitely either NG or a Federal user judging from the type of chatter heard.
The UIDs logged on both the above TGs have been the same at times as well.

Those in the 230xx range seem to be reported more by the users around the KC area while the four digit 30xx TGs seem to be more common here in the St. Louis region.
The TG's that start with 233xx or 33xx are usually always encrypted also. I call those the "pair of 3's talkgroups". They seem to follow the same pattern where the 233xx TGs are heard more often around KC while the four digit 33xx ones are more common in the St Louis region.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
New Talkgroup 3002 - RID 1036460
Note: In over a year of monitoring MOSWIN Talkgroups have never logged - TG3003 Highway Patrol - South - Private ? (Taney Co area) ...

I'll sometimes lockout all the common talkgroups I hear regularly on Moswin and then run one or more scanners in ID Search mode along with audio recording turned on. I'll do this for several days sometimes. I use ProScan to log any talkgroups that request a voice channel.
I usually turn up a couple new TGs I've never seen or heard before. A lot of them turn out to be various counties travel TGs if they send a user into the St Louis area. Then there are the mystery TGs found.
I add these seldom used or new talkgroups into a Misc department in Sentinel. I assign them alerts, a flashing LED and an audio alarm sound if one of them is heard again. That will usually get my attention.
I also monitor the local Moswin sites control channels with another scanner or two with Pro96com and I see a lot of these unknown talkgroups affiliating with one or more of the local sites but they usually never request a voice channel so I can't try to ID the users. I do still get a log of the UID's though and can sometimes use that to narrow down the user(s).

I have heard TG 3002 here before on one of the VHF Moswin sites local to the St Louis area. I have it labeled as a Department of Health and Senior Services talkgroup but it's still in my Misc group as I never heard enough chatter to make a positive ID.
I don't recall what I heard but it must have been enough info for me to tag it as DHSS for my personal use. I never submitted TG 3002 though as I never heard enough to positively ID the user. No sense in putting possible bogus info into the Moswin database.
Running a logging program and doing audio recording as well as logging the control channel data for a few days at a time is the way to go if you have the radios to spare for the task.

Arkmood

Thanks for the information - use a similar method. TG3002 was logged on Hollister700 - no confirmed TG ID...

Can any member of the group offer any more info on TG3003? Past history/logs/time/site affiliated/etc. ...

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I presume as a part of the Missouri Disaster Response. They would set up a Portable Mortque. Then would use a Talk group for such operations

AC0RV

Feed Provider
That is the Unit ID # assigned to the Radio using the LWIN System. In one of your earlier post. You mentioned a TGID was 3001.

The radio with ID # might have transmitted on that TGID (3001).

foster_006

*New MOSWIN Talkgroup 3002* (unlisted in rr database) ---> RID/UID (Radio/Unit identification) 1036460i
Question remains: Is MOSWIN Talkgroup 3002 Department of Health and Senior ServicesTalkgroup or Missouri Disaster ResponseTalkgroup? ...
View attachment 105118
Not to add to the mystery of TG 3002... but I logged some very brief radio traffic on the Zone 4-1 site (Springfield's new MOSWIN 800 site). I logged the same RID and a couple others. I was not actively listening at the time, but found it in some recordings from discovery. I went back through UniTrunker and found that RID was active on TG 3002. There's no chance a random recording was mixed into my Zone 4 monitoring as my SDS 200 is set up in Trunking Discovery specifically for Zone 4.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing a lot of traffic on TG #3101 many are contacting called Arrowhead. I am located in Nixa. It’s some form of law enforcement....

repairman222

Noticed there are a lot more Talkgroups on MOSWIN for Springfield and Greene County. Does anyone have any idea What sites/towers they will be on?