2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

KA0KDW

We are talking about the Zone 4 MOSWIN site, which is being constructed using from the former M36 frequencies in the old Greene/Springfield system.
If in fact there are 7 locations to the simo site that means only one control channel on all 7 at the same time. The 7 locations all act as one transmitting the same audio on the same frequency at the exact same time. SImo -= simultaneous = all at once. It is made to work with a master clock reference that keeps them all on EXACTLY the same freq and transmitting the same audio at EXACTLY the same time - really quite a feat, and who many non IQ receivers (anything but SDS100,200) have troubles receiving simos.
w
That’s what I was thinking. And it will utilize all but six of the current analog channels. The new six channels are what are being used for testing. The migration of agencies will also happen in several phases with non essential comma moving first (all city utilities, parks/Rex, highway dept and so on) followed by fire and EMs and finally all law agencies.

KA0KDW

Also saw some talk about talk group 3101 on MOSWIN. That talk group is the US Parks Service. Dispatched from the Arch and typically referred on air as “arrowhead”

This TG has been submitted for DB listing.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Also saw some talk about talk group 3101 on MOSWIN. That talk group is the US Parks Service. Dispatched from the Arch and typically referred on air as “arrowhead”

This TG has been submitted for DB listing.
Yep, specifically, 3101 is for the Ozark National Scenic Riverways areas.
I'm not sure if they still use their standalone VHF frequencies down around Eminence any longer. The old frequencies are still listed at Missouri - Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference under the National Park Service category. One does show P25E so I suspect they are still used in addition to 3101 on Moswin and possibly others only heard on the Moswin sites in the immediate area.

Last edited:

KA0KDW

Yep, specifically, 3101 is for the Ozark National Scenic Riverways areas.
I'm not sure if they still use their standalone VHF frequenciews down around Eminence any longer. The old frequencies are still listed at Missouri - Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference under the National Park Service category. One does show P25E so I suspect they are still used in addition to 3101 on Moswin and possibly others only heard on the Moswin sites in the immediate area.
I’ve submitted that additional info so maybe that’ll be added in to the channel info.

KA0KDW

Some info about zone 1 site 86 and site 87.
Site 86 is Lee’s Sunmit and site 87 is Odessa. I think there might’ve have been a small misunderstanding or mis communication on my submission. Right now the Location info listed on site 87 should actually be on site 86 (Lee’s Summit). I don’t have any location info for site 87 (Odessa).

KA0KDW

Location info for zone 1 sites 86 & 87 have been updated

Also, I seem to recall the site NAC for Lee’s Summit (site 86) being NAC: 1CB
(That was back in April when I found the info). Can anyone within range of the Lee’s Summit site confirm that?

AB5ID

I see there is a new 700 MHz MOSWIN site in Lee's Summit. Does anyone know if the new site carries any talk groups that are not already on the Independence VHF site?
Thanks!

KA0KDW

I see there is a new 700 MHz MOSWIN site in Lee's Summit. Does anyone know if the new site carries any talk groups that are not already on the Independence VHF site?
Thanks!
It will likely carry any moswin traffic that can affiliate to that site. I’d say just about any traffic on Independence would likely also be on Lee’s Summit (as long as a unit is associated to the site)

KA0KDW

LoTS of activity on Zone 4 this morning. It looks like there are at least two active talk groups being used by either City Utilities or Springfield (public works) in addition to the testing by radio techs.
Do you happen to have the TGID’s for the possible CU traffic? And maybe any recordings of the traffic.

foster_006

Do you happen to have the TGID’s for the possible CU traffic? And maybe any recordings of the traffic.
I haven't been able to spend a lot of time monitoring this lately.. but just happen to catch it today.

It seems that portable/mobile radios originate on the M36 system and is then broadcasted to MOSWIN Zone 4. Dispatch consoles originate on MOSWIN Zone 4 and is then broadcasted to M36.

Feel free to submit these TGs to the DB. I have not submitted them yet because I haven't had the time to.

New TGs: (Currently Simulcast on both Zone 4-1 & M36)
40411 City Utilities All Electric (M36 TG: 8208)
40570 City Utilities Field Services/Meter Reading (M36 TG: 9008)
40450 City Utilities All Gas (M36 TG: 8464)

KA0KDW

This is reference the Springfield 800 (zone 4 - site 1)
Have any of these talk groups been submitted yet?
Also came across a talk group for “all water” but don’t remember the TGID for it.
And found one with the TGID: 40415 it’s a City Utilities talk group but can’t seem to identify which division. It doesn’t seem to be simulcasting on the analog system.

KA0KDW

New TG on zone 4 - site 1

all water : 40500

ive also found some that I can identify
40415 (as mentioned in my last post) also 40428. On the two unidentified talk groups I do know they are City Utility related just can’t figure out what division.

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Jasper county voters to vote on tax increase to fund new radios for Jasper county.

I read that article and it said that it would enable them to talk with someone in St Louis. How would that work from Jasper County?