2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

nd5y

The frequency of 158.835 has been listed without a station class of FB8 ever since the initial licensing back in June of 2011.
If the station class starts with FX or MO then it's a repeater input.
If it's real and not an image then it's possible that either the license has an error where somebody swapped a frequency pair or whoever installed and configued the site made a mistake and swapped a frequency pair.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If the station class starts with FX or MO then it's a repeater input.
If it's real and not an image then it's possible that either the license has an error where somebody swapped a frequency pair or whoever installed and configued the site made a mistake and swapped a frequency pair.

I agree and also suspect a mistake. The site license has two odd frequencies that are not showing up during any voice channel grants. I think one is probably correct and is the mobile frequency but the other was entered wrong and has a mobile class also when it should have been an FB8 for a repeater output. Both frequencies have a station class of FX1 or MO8. Both mobile class. No FBx station class are associated with either frequency.
Or, neither frequency should even exist on that sites license. They may have been marked to be removed from that site during the Moswin buildout but they slipped through a crack and were left in place.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Today I noticed while monitoring 158.835 MHz for a longer time than normal that I was not picking up both sides of the conversation all the time and it was always the mobiles that were missing. However, the dispatcher did not complain that they could not hear them. I also noticed a much broader range of signal strengths from RSSI of -60 up to no signal at all from the mobiles. It appears I am indeed picking up the mobiles direct from the cars with 158.835 MHz instead of through a repeater. With MOSWIN Butler county both sides are coming through a repeater and if I cannot hear the mobiles neither can dispatch.

foster_006

If there is anyone in the Springfield area that can pick up the new zone 4 - site 1 full time need some help identifying a few talk groups that are not simulcasted on the analog TRS.
The talk groups sound like CU (City utilities) by language used but can’t figure out the department/division.

Talk groups are:

These talk groups have already been submitted. So if you can figure out the exact section of CU let me know.
I've been monitoring these talkgroups, but unable to accurately identify them. It is City Utilities. I never really listened to City Utilities on the analog system, so trying to identify them by radio traffic is proving difficult.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Are you trying ID by talk group or UID. Either way, if you want to send the audio files. I will be glad to help.

PM for my e-mail address.

73 for now.

KA0KDW

I've been monitoring these talkgroups, but unable to accurately identify them. It is City Utilities. I never really listened to City Utilities on the analog system, so trying to identify them by radio traffic is proving difficult.
Thanks for the info. 40415 appears to be line workers with CU. I’m very familiar with utility talk. 40419 having a hard time telling if that is actually CU or not. And when I’m in greene county I haven’t came across 40428 in a while. Really need to hang out in Springfield for a few days for 6-8 hours at a time to do more listening.

Side note: According to a reputable source of mine I’ve been led to believe that all agencies in greene county (that were/are on the CU TRS M36 system) should be on the P25 800 system by end of October.

Last edited:

foster_006

So I found this while browsing through UniTrunker logs today. It appears that a City Utilities radio emergency button was activated. I wasn't at my computer when this happened, so I'm not sure what the voice traffic consisted of. The right side is parked on the Springfield 700 site (773.03125) and the left side is parked on Springfield 800 site (859.9625). I'm mostly curious as to why Region C - Interop Calling (TG 3515) is being utilized as the Emergency TG for City Utilities.CU emergency.jpg

daddyjohn

Jasper County Sheriff's Department is now starting to use their MoSwin TG's. They are just starting the testing phase, working all the bugs out.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Springfield is running simulcasting yet or just off of one tower site on the 800mhz system?

KA0KDW

Anyone know if Springfield is running simulcasting yet or just off of one tower site on the 800mhz system?

Should already be on simulcast last I knew. I also believe before too long we may say six more frequencies join on P25 from the old system. When that happens those six will be shut off on the analog system. By the time build is complete there will be 18 frequencies on the system. According to a source with the project…project should be complete by end of October.

foster_006

Zone 4 is pretty active today. A few new talk groups to note and some previously unidentified that are more active now. No public safety agencies as of yet, however there has been some radio affiliations with several police and fire talk groups. Looks like radio techs are still doing their thing. With the City Utilities traffic and the new talk groups that showed up today.. pretty consistently 3-5 active channels at once out of 8 frequencies currently in the system.

A few nights ago, I did catch some Zone 4 radio traffic of a couple deputies using their new talk group as a car 2 car channel. At one point it sounded like they were testing portable radio dead zones or areas previously noted to have poor coverage. Later that night, they switched to a different primary channel and it was 100% encrypted. :cautious: Hopefully not a sign of what's to come.

40254 - ?
40262 -Sounds like their conducting some sort of traffic control through a city street work zone. Possibly a lane closed/one lane passage setup.

Arkmood

Some confusion (?) with 31101g and 31107g(new TG) and Sentinel/RRDB (Taney Co.). Sentinel (currently using) lists 31101 as: All (Rockaway Police Dispatch Multi-Dispatch) and RRDB lists it as:Taney County: All Multi-Dispatch (currently). Monitoring Rockaway Police Units (800 car ids) on 31107g this afternoon into evening. Have monitored Rockaway Police Units (800 car ids/no other users) on 31101g within the last few days. 1134088i identified as Taney Co. Sheriff Dispatch. Change over to new TG? Error in RRDB? ...