2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

daddyjohn

30912 78c0 DRS/BW/KC PolicePolice: Main (Reeds Spring-Branson West-Kimberling City)
This is Moswin TG for Stone County. I know that the Moswin Radios were installed in the Branson Police Cars a couple of years ago and that Branson Police was supposed to move to Moswin. Does anybody in the Branson area hear Branson Police on this Moswin 30912 TG or any other TG? Thank you

Arkmood

Nothing heard on 30912 (BPD). And no Branson PD daily ops. on any MOSWIN TGs (currently), a few Branson PD Units on special ops.with Taney Sheriff (31110g). Branson PD West uses 460.47500 occasionally...

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Some confusion (?) with 31101g and 31107g(new TG) and Sentinel/RRDB (Taney Co.). Sentinel (currently using) lists 31101 as: All (Rockaway Police Dispatch Multi-Dispatch) and RRDB lists it as:Taney County: All Multi-Dispatch (currently)..
The RRDB has listed 31101 as Taney All since at least 2020.
It sounds like you may be looking at a Favorites list you created and then customized the name for TG 31101 to say Rockaway Police in Sentinel.
Taney Co: All would likely be correct for TG 3101 as it follows the Moswin talkgroup block naming and numbering scheme.

Arkmood

It sounds like you may be looking at a Favorites list you created and then customized the name for TG 31101 to say Rockaway Police in Sentinel.
Appreciate the reply but in reality ---> that's not the case. The fact is I've "customized" nothing about 31101g...

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the reply but in reality ---> that's not the case. The fact is I've "customized" nothing about 31101g...

I'm confused then as you said in post #220 "Sentinel (currently using) lists 31101 as: All (Rockaway Police Dispatch Multi-Dispatch)"

If the part I put in Bold above is really what you see in your copy of Sentinel, something was customized on your computer as the RRDB never showed that info for TG 31101.
Sentinel's source of info is the RRDB and your copy will match exactly with what the RRDB shows as long as you keep Sentinel updated.
"Rockaway" is not mentioned on the MOSWIN RRDB page at all. If you see that in your copy of Sentinel, it was from a customization you imported from someone or a change you made to a favorite list you use. There's really no other way that could have gotten into your copy of Sentinel.

Any Favorite lists you may have created or added from Sentinel or imported from another users HPE file are no longer updated from the RRDB once you create them. You must edit those manually which is where the custom names come from and are stored.
Did someone share an HPE file for Moswin with you maybe.

I could only look at the RRDB info back to mid 2020 as I didn't keep any earlier RRDB versions prior to that date.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Obviously there is, Sentinel data was downloaded from RRBD *Pristine/Unchanged/Not imported from some other entity/Uncustomized*...
Well I'll be... I just opened one of my Moswin favorite lists and it does mention Rockaway in the desription for TG31101!
I can't tell when I'd created that favorite list though but that's when that error would have made its way into my favorite list.

I just did a test and imported Taney county from the main USA /Missouri/Moswin DB in Sentinel and had it create a new favorite list with a dummy name I made up.
The new favorite list just says Taney Co: All as it should for TG 31101.

What date does your master DB version show down in the bottom left of the main Sentinel screen? Mine is the latest and says 09/05/2021.

I just searched all the copies I have of old RRDB files for Sentinel and none had Rockaway found in them but it was obviously there at one time as my Moswin favorite would have not had Rockaway in it if it was not in the RRDB at some point.

As a test, create a new favorite list for Moswin in Sentinel and give it a dummy name so you know which is which. See if TG 31101 is listed correctly in the new dummy favorite you created.
Then delete that one before you do any writes to your scanner.

The update notes for the Moswin RRDB don't go back very far so no way of knowing when the Rockaway info was added or removed.

I occasionally select the check box that says "Force Write Full Database" when a new RRDB has been downloaded and I'm writing to one of my scanners. Not sure if that does anything regarding what you found or not but maybe it does.

Now I'm curious when Rockaway snuck in and was later removed from the Moswin RRDB!

EDIT: I just looked at a MOSWIN Favorite list in my HP1 version of Sentinel that I named with the date I created it. That creation date was 07/05/2021 and the mention of Rockaway Police is in that HP1 favorite list!
Sometime between that date and now, TG 31101 was corrected to indicate Taney Co: All in the RRDB and no longer mentions Rockaway Police.
The main Sentinel DB for my HP1 copy of Sentinel does not have Rockaway in TG 31101 either but it was also updated this past Monday on the 5th of this month.

Last edited:

foster_006

31301 - Unidentified Talk group on Fair Grove around 13:40.

Definitely heard MSHP Troop D Troopers using this talk group for either mutual aid or a tac channel. N93MP (aircraft) was assisting Troopers on the ground with apprehending a suspect near Seymour.

I don't have UniTrunker on the Fair Grove site, so I was not able to follow any RIDs other than what showed on my SDS200.

stlouisx50

Yesterday while in Lebanon Missouri, I recieved 159.0975 NAC 1C4.TG 5211
The database has nothing for that frequency and found 1C4 listed as Branson.

Something must have got added freq wise that's not listed and did the nac code location change?

KA0KDW

The “Taney All” did use to list the Rockaway BeachPD and a few others at one point. At that time those agencies were using Taney All to conduct testing before marking the decision to switch to MOSWIN.

The talk group under stone county listed as Branson West/Kimberling City/Reeds Spring is used by those exact police department. Branson West is it’s own town in Stone county.

As for the city of Branson. As of this point they are not on MOSWIN. They are supposed to be at some point but I’m told that may happen once their new building gets built.

Arkmood

The confusion continues down here at the State Line: TaneyAll,Stone(vhf/MOSWIN sherrifBOLOs), Dispatch/All, Kimberling City(TC cars diverted for "coverage",SC cars responding to calls...),Branson West(uhf) Branson PD 31112g (?),Rockaway Beach31101g(x)30117g...

KA0KDW

The UHF labeled “Branson West” is not the same as the municipality’s. The city of Branson has an east half and a west half dispatch. The actual town of Branson West is not the same thing. In fact, I believe when Stone county was all analog the actual town of Branson West was on one of the stone sheriff repeaters. So again, the UHF channels for Branson PD east side and west side are 100% separate from the Branson West MOSWIN channel.
As Branson West is an actual town separate from Branson. Also, Branson PD west side and east side are dispatched by Branson PD whereas Branson West ( the town) PD are dispatched by Stone Cointy.

Arkmood

Some people might see it as confusing as there is a Branson West PD (city of) dispatched by MOSWIN, and a Branson (city of) PD with a Branson West (sector). Can "personally" report it causes confusion with citizens of Branson,administrators,LEOs,dispatchers,and other agencies with reference to both...

KA0KDW

Some people might see it as confusing as there is a Branson West PD (city of) dispatched by MOSWIN, and a Branson (city of) PD with a Branson West (sector). Can "personally" report it causes confusion with citizens of Branson,administrators,LEOs,dispatchers,and other agencies with reference to both...
I guess that’s understandable. I just don’t find it confusing as I know they’re two separate places and also dispatched by two separate entities. One dispatched by stone county and the other dispatched by the city of Branson. However, I guess I could see where some would find confusion in this.