2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

Arkmood

Just to add a bit more to the confusion: In some specific areas of Branson (city of) Branson PD does not respond to dispatch calls - Taney County Sheriffs Dept.has jurisdiction. And at times - either or may respond dependent upon the situation without regard to jurisdiction/coverage area...

foster_006

Sounds like a fire department is doing some training on 40752 (FD Training 1) Zone 4 today. I have not identified which agency yet... or if it's even a fire department, but their radio traffic is pretty specific to a fire scenario. Radio traffic is not simulcast with the M36 system.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Appears Indep Site 1.24 switch to 900mhz.

BEE00.1CE-1.86 neighbor: Site BEE00. 1CE-1.24; CC=4-2761 969.52500 Independence

Neighbor site from Lee's Summit 700 unable to verify.

scannerowner

Don't think that is correct. Hard to tell why it's showing it. The radios aren't capable of 900mhz, and that would decrease their expected range.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I checked KCMO MARRS
1632831753373.png
Caulfield West Plains is the same CC freq. Weird.

I was able to confirm on a SDS100 Indep is still CC 170.5125.

Last edited:

talkpair

Two thoughts.....It appears MARRS is sending incorrect RFSS for the neighboring MoSWIN sites.
If you change 3-23 to 1-23 and 3-24 to 1-24 it makes more sense geographically. These correspond to Lawson and Independence. (Instead of Willow Springs and Caulfield).

Using the MoSWIN frequency identifier table, channel 04-2693 translates to 169.6625 and channel 04-2761 translates to 170.5125. These also agree with Lawson and Independence. (They conflict with Willow Springs and Caulfield)

I have hand-hacked IDen 04- on both MoSWIN and MARRS and found those entries look okay. For some reason your software isn't handling that particular IDen correctly. Seems odd that the Dayton site in IDen 05- is good though.

I don't know anything about the software you are using, but you might check and see if there is an option to download the frequency identifier table from the control channel instead of using a default table.

Arkmood

One more thought and a report:
DSD,UT,SDRuno,HDSDR,etc. appear prone to errors - at times...
----------------
RRDB: Stone County Talkgroups "30903 Sheriff Dispatch is mostly encrypted".

Updated/Clarification Report Stone County 30903 Sheriff Dispatch: Continuous monitoring of 30903 reveals no log(s) of Sheriff Dispatch (1133997i,133996i,1133999i ...) encrypted. Mobile/portable units encrypted (approximately) 10-20%...

foster_006

One more thought and a report:
DSD,UT,SDRuno,HDSDR,etc. appear prone to errors - at times...
----------------
RRDB: Stone County Talkgroups "30903 Sheriff Dispatch is mostly encrypted".

Updated/Clarification Report Stone County 30903 Sheriff Dispatch: Continuous monitoring of 30903 reveals no log(s) of Sheriff Dispatch (1133997i,133996i,1133999i ...) encrypted. Mobile/portable units encrypted (approximately) 10-20%...
I've noticed this as well. I listen to them on Hurley pretty often in the clear.

foster_006

GCSO Patrol 1 (TG 40703) is currently patched from the analog TRS and is active. It started this morning. Time will tell if it remains full time. Only UIDs being used on Zone 4 are the Patch UID and two other UIDs.

Other Zone 4 updates:
-No new channels added other than what's in the DB.
-No peers or neighboring sites yet
-Full time City Utilities activity (Gas, Electric, Water, Transit, Twitty Energy Center...etc)
-Several unidentified City Utilities talk groups
-Ongoing testing and programming showing mostly to be on the law enforcement side right now (Springfield Police, Greene Co SO)
-St. Clair County Travel channel with affiliations on Zone 4 and some voice traffic (assuming when they're in town for prisoner transports)
-298 total talk groups under the 4**** numbering scheme.
-Top 3 most active talk groups: City Utilities All Electric (40411), City Utilities All Transit (40525), & John Twitty Energy Center 1 (40419)

foster_006

It appears that Greene County Wide (TG 40702; also known as GC Patrol 3; hosts smaller municipal police departments) is patched full time to their M36 talk group. Greene County 911 and a handful of unique UIDs are showing up in UniTrunker. Most of the traffic is from the analog patch.

Also, they've added two voice frequencies to the site. I've submitted those to the DB.

KA0KDW

Coming to Springfield, Mo soon is Spfd Pd and Greene county. 800 site up and running ? Also what other sites/towers will Spfd Pd and Greene county transmit from? Thank You...
SPD and GCSO are still primarily on the analog CU TRS. Once everything is completely moved to the new P25 Phase 1 CU 800 (MoSWIN) they will only be heard on the 800 sites (7 site simulcast)

KA0KDW

Recently received an update from some reliable sources with the Greene county 800 simulcast (MoSWIN Zone 4). May start to see the analog system begin its decommission phase sometime in November.

foster_006

Thechosen1, you may not hear much due to simulcast distortion from outside the county, but good luck and submit any talkgroup info you find.
I've been quite impressed with Springfield simulcast reception so far. A couple months ago, I drove around the county (mainly WNW and South) parked on the control channel with a crappy mag mount attached to my SDR. SDS200 with a telescoping antenna doesn't have many problems with it either. I have yet to venture outside of Greene Co with that setup, but plan to soon. I know they have a few towers outside of the county for the analog system and in Republic... I'm assuming they are (or will be) added to the simulcast system. Long ago, I lived in Sarcoxie and was able to pull in the analog CC with a magnet mount on a heating duct in the basement.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I've been quite impressed with Springfield simulcast reception so far. A couple months ago, I drove around the county (mainly WNW and South) parked on the control channel with a crappy mag mount attached to my SDR. SDS200 with a telescoping antenna doesn't have many problems with it either. I have yet to venture outside of Greene Co with that setup, but plan to soon. I know they have a few towers outside of the county for the analog system and in Republic... I'm assuming they are (or will be) added to the simulcast system. Long ago, I lived in Sarcoxie and was able to pull in the analog CC with a magnet mount on a heating duct in the basement.

I have listened to the old analog trunk system many nights all the way up here in Pulaski County with just my Pro 163 and the Radio Shack version of the Remtronix 800mhz antenna on the back of the radio... I keep listening to see if I can hear anything on the new MOSWIN 800 system but so far I get a signal at times but no traffic.