2021 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

telxonmaster

As of this time ALL dispatch channels are supposed to remain open per several of the radio techs I’ve talked with.

This jibes with what I heard from an MSHP tech. They said only certain TAC channels would be encrypted, and dispatch would be clear. I also heard on the Troop D talkgroup that they were reprogramming the scanners in the MSHP cars for the new systems.

I'm glad I get to actually monitor this changeover, hoping to catch some talkgroups not in the DB yet.

KA0KDW

This jibes with what I heard from an MSHP tech. They said only certain TAC channels would be encrypted, and dispatch would be clear. I also heard on the Troop D talkgroup that they were reprogramming the scanners in the MSHP cars for the new systems.

I'm glad I get to actually monitor this changeover, hoping to catch some talkgroups not in the DB yet.
May have to upgrade scanners in the MSHP patrol cars. Techs have been testing different antennas and versions of scanners to minimize simulcast distortion. They’ve found that to solve the issue and have the best opportunity to hear the talk groups would likely to be upgrading to SDS200’s in the cars.

KA0KDW

I don’t recall what they run now. I think something with XT oon the end. But I don’t recall. I think they’d primarily replace the ones for the Greene county cars. And maybe some of the float officers and SWAT officers. Don’t know that they’d replace for the surrounding cars in other zones.

foster_006

I just bought a Unication G5 as my main scanner (trx1) didn't like simulcast. I've been hearing SPD ever since Friday. I wanted to wait until I had confirmation that the dispatch channels weren't encrypted, before buying a new "toy".

The TRS groups are the same as the countywide ops groups, as they had CW tac 8 patched to TRS 8 today for the parade.

Assuming the various FD's will switch over in the next week or two.
Let me know how you like the Unication. I'm considering buying one for work.

As for encryption... I've noted a fair amount of encryption on the Springfield 800 but as previously mentioned, no primary dispatch is encrypted. Greene Co SO has several talk groups that have been used since they switched over that are 100% encrypted. The Greene Co jail also has several talk groups that I've observed encrypted. Actually, so far I've only caught their control channel and campus security in the clear. Most of their jail talk groups are encrypted.

I've been monitoring Springfield 800 since @wbloss first found the control channel almost one year ago. I've logged about 300 talk groups. There is a lot of work to do on the Springfield site. ~100 identified. Some of those talk groups I've logged could very well be placeholders for future additions or a temporary project. There are a lot of City Utilities talk groups that need to be identified. I'm not much of a utilities listener so it's difficult for me to identify them... Also because I never listened to City Utilities very much on the analog system. I was fortunate enough to identify most of the talk groups in the DB right now as the tech would key up a radio and go through each channel saying the channel name. Other talk groups I've identified have just been dumb luck. And then I have several talk groups that are not active yet that fall almost directly in line with the talk group lineup of the analog system.

telxonmaster

Foster, I honestly love the Unication, it's the same cost as an SDS100 (if you can find one) and receives what I want to hear. It's honestly just like having a radio on the system.

If you can program commercial gear, or even DMR ham gear, you can program a Gx series.

I did know that there were a lot of encrypted tac channels, but I mainly like hearing the dispatch of the incidents, so I'm glad that's in the clear. I assume certain high profile incidents will be on encrypted channels, but that's to be expected.

I have the G5 set with one zone to receive in monitor mode, so I hear every TG, and another zone with just the LEO dispatch, for when I want to monitor an incident. I will probably make another with just fire, once they come online.
I also have the regular MOSWIN sites set up for the MSHP dispatch, as well as their tac, I/O and calling channels.

I've heard some of the unlisted utility groups, one sounded like the water department, but I don't know for sure. If I get a positive ID on some, I'll try and submit them. Like you, the utility stuff isn't my main interest, although you hear some funny stuff from the linemen and bus drivers.

foster_006

...Like you, the utility stuff isn't my main interest, although you hear some funny stuff from the linemen and bus drivers.
It's funny that you mention that. I have a recording of either a contractor or City Utilities doing some testing and then some random guy gets on the radio and says he found a radio laying in the middle of a street. So they made arrangements (via radio) to meet up and get their radio back. :LOL:

telxonmaster

Foster, several years back, I was with a group of people downtown, and someone found a MTS2000 in the street. They were debating on whether to keep it, and I talked them into trying to find the owner. We went to where there had been some squad cars parked, but there were no officers nearby. It wasn't until we walked by the bus terminal (when it was off the square) that the security guard said "you found my radio!"

I was glad to be able to return it to it's owner, and I'm sure he was glad to not have to tell his boss he lost it!

KA0KDW

One of the techs let me know that Troop D Marine is sometimes used as Car To Car for Water Ptrol in the summoner. Usually by the south marine zone. Also, he mentioned that DDCC has discussed using the DDCC talk group

scannerowner

All talkgroups are available to use, but someone would need to possibly monitor all of them at the same time, if being dispatched on them. If not it'd be up to the users on what they want to use them as.

KA0KDW

Thank you Arkwood, Keep a ear open on the Branson Pd sites my be more they have 3-4 zones.
Branson Police has one primary channel. Also a channel known as Branson PD Patrol (activity was mainly during Veterans Day parade…so May be more of event channel) and also a channel called Branson PD Data which is used for record checks. Primary dispatch for Branson PD will be the main channel (31112)

Arkmood

Monitored a fair amount of: Radio checks/counts and "I can't understand you" Branson PD comms since the switch was implemented - guess there are ups and downs with both analog/digital systems...

stlouisx50

Today I picked up 856.4375, 858.5125, 858.6875, 858.9625, 859.5125 voice. NAC 1C1. No talk group ID or radio ID
Transmission, "Hey Tony this 1620 West Florida, it's got gas in it". Tony: 10-4, Thank you! "

Not seeing 1C1 listed anywhere.

Last edited:

nd5y

KA0KDW

Today I picked up 856.4375, 858.5125, 858.6875, 858.9625, 859.5125 voice. NAC 1C1. No talk group ID or radio ID
Transmission, "Hey Tony this 1620 West Florida, it's got gas in it". Tony: 10-4, Thank you! "

Not seeing 1C1 listed anywhere.
1C1 is the NAC for zone 4 site 1 (Greene County Simulcast)