2021 VHF Low Band Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Going though some old recordings, this is from July of 2021 on 49.8600, the commonly used baby monitor frequency, however It appears to be a tv audio of an language I still have yet to identify.

Can anyone identify the language?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 07-24-21 14-53-58 - Quick Search -.zip
    941.3 KB · Views: 25

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring KQ2H repeater from Wurtsboro NY all around noon time, the 10 meter band was alive! Heard an operator advise he was from near Paris France, another in Italy near Milan, one in Switzerland, and one from New Mexico near the Mexico border!
Other stations were fading in an out but I can't recall the rest.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Going though some old recordings, this is from July of 2021 on 49.8600, the commonly used baby monitor frequency, however It appears to be a tv audio of an language I still have yet to identify.

Thanks!
I hear some patterns and words that make me think of Portuguese, but it doesn't sound right for that. Maybe Romanian?

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
COSTA RICA! 32.1800MHz 77.0pl My FURTHEST low band catch ever at approx 2,230 miles! Not bad for a cold day in November!
I once got key-ups with no speaking a few months ago. Today I finally heard speaking and confirmed the station!

Attachments

• 11-02-21 11-19-26 - Low Band - CostaRica Taxi 1.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 15

marvinsuggs

Premium Subscriber
November 2, 2021 Richmond, TX Bearcat BCT8 scanner Sirio GPA 27-45 MHz ground plane antenna.

33.78 Falmouth, MA FD
33.82 E Brunswick, NJ FD
33.86 Washington Co, MD FD
33.90 Lancaster, PA FD
33.96 Westchester Co, NY FD

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber

Thanks!

So an update on this recording. The language is Farsi. The translations that were provided to me, appears to be a news show speaking about persons being released from something and being returned to their families or possibly deceased persons remains being released from captivity and being returned to their families after a conflict and mentions the city of "Sardasht" Iran multiple times. Another translation provided states it was persons trying to escape Iran and things went bad for them and they died and were reunited and laid to rest in said city. An unfortunate event to hear, but thank you to those who helped me translate.

I believe this could have been an audio feed from an analog TV station somewhere outside of the US. I've been doing a bit of research and have yet to find anything pointing me in the right direction.

The signal did last longer than just a minute or two, I don't recall the exact time. hindsight is 20/20 I should have taken a longer one.

Last edited:

commstar

Premium Subscriber

Thanks!
Sounds like Farsi (Iran) to me.
The word Kohneh (kooni) stand out as Persian for a**hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.