• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2022 Ford Explorer (6th Gen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh08077

Anybody have a good idea for mounting a BCD-436HP scanner in a 2022 Ford Explorer XLT with 8" center console screen? For my 2015, I was able to find a mount from a company called Panavise. The installation was easy, pop-out the plastic molding, remove one screw from the radio mount, slide the mount in, replace the screw and the molding. Was not a problem to remove when I traded in the car. Looking for an easy install. Thanks in advance.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have had really good luck with mounts from ProClip (https://www.proclipusa.com). They have a wide variety of mounts for most vehicles and a tool on their website that you put in the year, make and model of the vehicle and they show you the various mount products.

Until my current ride (which as a remarkable place to put radios!) I would usually go to ProClip and buy each of the clip options so I could have the flexibility of changing things.

For the 436 I would get one of their clips without a device holder, that leave you a flat surface. Then use a microphone speed clip screwed onto the panel with small sheet metal screws or bolts. The stud on the back of the 436 fits right nicely into the mic holder.

Check https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-ford-explorer-2022 for the clips that fit your ride.

Mr_Boh

Agree with Rich - second vote for ProClip.

As a side note, what they both typically use is what is called AMPS mounting pattern which is universal. So I know most Panavise supported AMPS so you could do things like the ProClip radio mount which is what I use for a 436/SDS100 but that's worked with RAM, Panavise, and Proclip mounts to name a few.

I actually like using RAM bases a lot because you can really get creative. You can still use the ProClip mounts with them - they support AMPS mount. They have a ball base that if you have an exposed bolt of appropriate size, you could slip this on to it. Another note with RAM mounts is that they are being copied left and right - the B size is 1" ball, so you can sometimes look up 1" ball mount on Amazon to see some third party options. Then just add the RAM AMPS adapter for a mic clip or the ProClip radio mount and you have some options.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
3rd vote for ProClip:LOL:. I use them too, and they are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.