2022 Ford F250 Mobile setup

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Looks very good! So are the two Icoms just acting kind of like VHF scanners, I guess? Prefer radio instead of a consumer scanner, I guess? I completely understand if that's the case, just getting further on that.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Chris; I am curious as to the width of those Troy Built console panels. I have some loose panels and trying to figure out what console system they fit.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
I have *heard* the Jotto Desk faceplates are interchangeable with Havis with the caveat that if you use Havis faceplates in a Jotto console you may have to make new holes in the Jotto rail. But Jottos should drop right into Havis consoles due to the continuous mounting rail. Kinda on topic, as I am adding a Kenwood TK981 to my Havis box and prefer the Jotto 1 piece style for this radio chassis as opposed to Havis' 2 pc.

Of course I'm open to correction.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
Looks very good! So are the two Icoms just acting kind of like VHF scanners, I guess? Prefer radio instead of a consumer scanner, I guess? I completely understand if that's the case, just getting further on that.
I have to say I use the ICOM ICF121 radios also as monitors. Reason?: MUCH better receive audio from commercial radios than ham equivalents !!! I have two and I use them as ham 2 meter rigs and monitor vhf conventional PS also. Wonderful and virtually indestructible.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I have to say I use the ICOM ICF121 radios also as monitors. Reason?: MUCH better receive audio from commercial radios than ham equivalents !!! I have two and I use them as ham 2 meter rigs and monitor vhf conventional PS also. Wonderful and virtually indestructible.

Yes, I use some Kenwood radios for this same reason. I was just asking the OP if that is what they are being used for her or not. Definitely better than a consumer scanner.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
I apologise if my post came across as criticism. It was not meant that way. I was only agreeing with the poster and for the same reasons. I too have Kenwood commercial radios. TK-7180K and TK-8080K. VHF PS, MURS, GMRS/FRS, etc. as well as VHF and UHF ham frequencies. Lots of channel capacity, solid power, excellent transmit and receive audio as well as excellent high RF field rejection. I carry my laptop and cables and can add a repeater pretty quickly when travelling.