2022 NC State Fair Monitoring Guide

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It's time again for the NC State Fair! Opening day is today, THURSDAY, October 13th. This year there will not be an audio feed on Broadcastify.

NOTE: To monitor the NCSHP Training Center or West Raleigh VIPER Site during the NC State Fair you must have a digital scanner capable of following 700Mhz Sites!!!

For those with scanners the following digital Statewide Event talkgroups on VIPER are in use for NC State Fair traffic:

Statewide Events Hotel 1 (TG 51983)= LE Interior Ops
Statewide Events Hotel 2 (TG 51984)= EMS/Fire Ops
Statewide Events Hotel 3 (TG 51985)= SHP Command & Traffic
Statewide Events Hotel 4 (TG 51986)= Special Ops
NCSFMAIN (TG 52071) = Fairgrounds staff

So far, on the Cary/Wake County P25 System I have not heard any traffic.

You may also hear traffic on Dept of Agriculture (51601-51608) and State Fire Marshall's (52046-52050) Viper talkgroups.

NC Dept of Labor Ride Inspectors have been monitored using the callsign ROBERT-IDA (Ride Inspector) and heard on normal fair related talkgroups (mainly Hotel 1).

The NC State Fair website is at NC State Fair

A map of the fairgrounds can be downloaded at 2022 State Fair Map (PDF)

Here's the link copy of a traffic "post" map from years past. I believe it has been updated for this year and don't know how accurate it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Correction on Hotel 3, traffic appears to be SHP Command or traffic, not Dorton Arena.

Last edited:

richardbritt

Database Admin
Do they allow people to bring in police scanners? I would like to bring my Pro-651 with me. I have only been to the fair once 10 years ago and I didn't bring a scanner with me. Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Do they allow people to bring in police scanners? I would like to bring my Pro-651 with me. I have only been to the fair once 10 years ago and I didn't bring a scanner with me. Thanks

While they don't prohibit scanners, I would suggest using headphones and not advertising that you are monitoring.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
After monitoring through the first day, I will confirm HOTEL 3 is SHP Command and Traffic, HOTEL 4 was not heard which may be the SPECIAL OPS TG from years past. ROBERT IDA was heard on HOTEL 1 along with interior LE and Red Cross, EMS, and Fire was on HOTEL 2.

LoneOwl

Statewide Events Hotel 1 (TG 51975)= LE Interior Ops
Statewide Events Hotel 2 (TG 51976)= EMS/Fire Ops
Statewide Events Hotel 3 (TG 51977)= Dorton Arena
Statewide Events Hotel 4 (TG 51978)= SHP Traffic Posts

I'm showing your Hotel 1 thru 4 (51976~51978) to be the Foxtrots, with Hotel 1 thru 4 to be 51983~51986.
One of us is in error.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm showing your Hotel 1 thru 4 (51976~51978) to be the Foxtrots, with Hotel 1 thru 4 to be 51983~51986.
One of us is in error.

Last year they used FOXTROT when I updated the TG names I neglected to update the TG numbers, thank you @LoneOwl. Not that it is an excuse, but a lot of radio traffic in Raleigh tonight with active shooter and opening day of Fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just so everyone understands, the TGs in post one are the correct ones (in name and number) for the 2022 State Fair, corrections were made yesterday

Thank you moderator that corrected my mistake.

LoneOwl

Just so everyone understands, the TGs in post one are the correct ones (in name and number) for the 2022 State Fair, corrections were made yesterday

Thank you moderator that corrected my mistake.
I have no problem if the moderator wanted to just leave the corrected version posted & delete the others. As it stands, it's now correct, & that's all that matters - getting the right info out there.
Agree, RaleighGuy?

spencerwww

Im in wilson what are the freq for the state fair and can I pick them up like from wilson county

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Im in wilson what are the freq for the state fair and can I pick them up like from wilson county

The VIPER talkgroups are listed on post #1, you will have to listen on Viper, it is on the West Raleigh Tower and may be affiliated with others.