2023 IndyCar Thread

ind224

Guard copter climbing to 9000' for jumpers holding over
Pyramids. Requested a hold at 4000 earlier due to it being cold up there. 127.150

cstemshorn

Premium Subscriber
Prepping for the Detroit GP this weekend. Going to be a crazy race. Anyone else found any special frequencies for this weekend?

Warphammer

Prepping for the Detroit GP this weekend. Going to be a crazy race. Anyone else found any special frequencies for this weekend?
Haven't found anything special as yet, but the tones/DCS codes from the 500 have been working - good, because there's a good bit of digital interference. The Indycar Radio repeater wasn't working today - it was on the primary frequency (contrary to the spotter guide) and was just a silent carrier.

IMSA Race Control is on their primary. Haven't found TA yet.

Crazy: Yes. I got some great photos/video overlooking T9 today. There's a huge bump in it (even after grinding) that's really throwing them around, and right next to that, pit in is terrifyingly short. If you haven't been down yet, stay sharp, the organization's a mess. Hopefully they'll have it fixed tomorrow.

The first or second year we ran downtown AJ had a radio problem. I think it was a broken center conductor on the antenna, I fixed it and then went to his pit during the next practice. Jack Starne did a test and AJ responded, he hated using radios and I could tell he didn't want to do a test.

A few seconds later he keyed up and said "I'm behind a God damn big building, I know you can't hear me here".
Jack replied and that was the end of the test.

During the race I stopped by his pit and told Cecil I had not heard AJ on the radio.
"That's a good thing, because when he does get on someone is fixing to get his ass chewed" was his reply.

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
Did anyone get anything for the baby indycars as I call.them lights etc

chocolate_nault

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone get anything for the baby indycars as I call.them lights etc
The most recent public list that I have is from 2019. Much has changed with teams since then.

The community would have to put together a list since those in charge of IndyNXT will not share driver frequencies.

IndyMotorSpeedway website Dan posted my partial list to his website but all of them are guesses. I was not able to confirm any of the driver communications in 2023. I heard a lot of digital traffic during the 2023 GMR GP but cannot confirm if that was driver or other communication. I only heard 3 frequencies in open analog during that race. I'm not interested in buying a digital scanner anytime soon only for race use unless I have to.

Attached is my list of found analog frequencies with PL tones from races this and last year if you want to start scanning this weekend.

Attachments

• INDY_NXT_FOUND_FREQUENCIES.zip
    108.7 KB · Views: 9

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
I concur someone from the series sent me to a radio provider to usf pro..lights nxt..
they asked me what team am i I on and said its not public information. The officials were only thing I found.

Road America Track and IndyIowa Track are my main listening objectives including the feeders.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
I hand-programmed the primary car frequencies (with tones) and IMS radio and PA into an RE3000, and everything worked perfectly yesterday. Big thanks to you guys who compiled the data!
lol hand programming a re3000 is ..uh(cant cuss) FUN lol thats a word ill use! I think theres a youtube or tutorial that explains how to manually program it. The re3000 has usb connector for putting the software firmware. It was never made available to fans..Even a RE dealer told me he didnt have to correct software firmware to program or update it. FYI both the Re3000 and the TRACKScan version are basically same animal.

KC9NEG

lol hand programming a re3000 is ..uh(cant cuss) FUN lol thats a word ill use! I think theres a youtube or tutorial that explains how to manually program it. The re3000 has usb connector for putting the software firmware. It was never made available to fans..Even a RE dealer told me he didnt have to correct software firmware to program or update it. FYI both the Re3000 and the TRACKScan version are basically same animal.
I bought it at Mid Ohio one year because RE provided OTA programming. Those days are gone. They only service NAPCAR now.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
Yes very very sad when I found out the parting of ways between them and Indy. I still wonder to this day what is the mode or protocol that the ota uses to program itself. It's a packet data in a sense. I wonder what baudrate etc what is it.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
468.8250 in use reconfirmed..
Radical cup officials using the usac channel 464.550

Media to follow and also more indy next if found.

Fire safety seemed to have both Indycars Dmr radio and the tracks Nexedge capable radio. Security etc appeared to only have track radios. The documented track fm pa is also up.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
I scanned uhf and didn't find really anything analog during next and the other feeder series. Hmm. I also didn't see the radio provider on-site