2024 Nascar

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
Was anyone at LA Coliseum? Kinda currious what the freqs for the Mexico series that ran?

chocolate_nault

Premium Subscriber
NASCAR Cup spreadsheet for anyone attending the Duels or the 500.
Any cells in orange color are unconfirmed, particularly tones that tend to change or new frequencies on the list.

Attachments

• 24NASCARDAYTONA_PLANNINGSHEET.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 104

jsachnet

NASCAR Cup spreadsheet for anyone attending the Duels or the 500.
Any cells in orange color are unconfirmed, particularly tones that tend to change or new frequencies on the list.
Is there something special about attachments here? I cannot seem to download this file.

jsachnet

The wiki for Nascar Cup frequencies NASCAR - The RadioReference Wiki links to Speedway Digest as a source, but that site doesn't provide the Tones. Where do the tones get sourced? I'm going to the Daytona 500 and I'd like to get my BC125AT programmed but there doesn't seem to be an official source for this info. Does nascar not publish it because they want you to rent the scanners from them? I saw that the RE scanners support OTA programming. Do they provide the tones or just the frequencies?

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
They all provide frequencies only. Tones are normally found with users of scanners searching for them. Racing electronics will sell a scanner list at all tracks. Normally it $5-10 but is the known frequencies for the event for all series on track. 90% of the Speedway Digest stuff is right. If your not a serius user and going to 30 tracks just use that list and enjoy the race. Tones dont fix alot of stuff.

chocolate_nault

Premium Subscriber
The wiki for Nascar Cup frequencies NASCAR - The RadioReference Wiki links to Speedway Digest as a source, but that site doesn't provide the Tones. Where do the tones get sourced? I'm going to the Daytona 500 and I'd like to get my BC125AT programmed but there doesn't seem to be an official source for this info. Does nascar not publish it because they want you to rent the scanners from them? I saw that the RE scanners support OTA programming. Do they provide the tones or just the frequencies?
Racing Electronics will sell a frequency sheet for $10. I have not confirmed but have a guess that the Speedway Digest database uses that sheet as a source.

If you do not have confirmation of a tone that race weekend, it is best to leave the CTCSS/DCS setting on Search. Think of tones as a filter code. Any radio transmission that does not have that specific "code" will be blocked. It is useful for large race tracks to turn the squelch on maximum sensitivity to make it easier to hear a driver when they are on the other side of the track. At MIS, I couldn't hear any JGR cars on the backstretch without a tone (too much interference).

Nobody publishes "official" tones and some teams change their tones each season, or even in the middle of the season. Racing Electronics will program the RE3000, RE1000, and Uniden SC230 with the frequencies and tones.

I am not at Daytona to verify frequencies or tones.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
Racescanners.net has a very decent updated lists for purchase ymmv. The only negative I find with having a re3000 is if it's a split race weekend if truck or xfinity is not at same track as Main series you may or may not have ota or a Re rep there with trailer or ota antenna. And at times at those split races if there's not retail sales trailer the ota may be close to garage and very limited rx.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
NascarNascar 5 / 15451.2250/125
NascarNascar 10451.5750/516

Are these still outdated. If so can someone delete.them

jsachnet

Racescanners.net has a very decent updated lists for purchase ymmv. The only negative I find with having a re3000 is if it's a split race weekend if truck or xfinity is not at same track as Main series you may or may not have ota or a Re rep there with trailer or ota antenna. And at times at those split races if there's not retail sales trailer the ota may be close to garage and very limited rx.
What frequency does RE use for the OTA? I'd like to capture the signal using an SDR and see if I can decode it. Why pay for it if they are braodcasting it for free for their own radios.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
461.200 main 1/11
464.600 alt 2/12
Though I've seen 464.600 used as main

Let me find my re3000 from 2023 and see what was 450.000 and 460.000

And I will look at a re3000 from Daytona 2024

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
461.200 main 1/11
464.600 alt 2/12

I haven't seen anything in analog on anything other 461.200 and 464.600 in years

jsachnet

461.200 main 1/11
464.600 alt 2/12

Did you do OTA for your RE at Daytona? If so, how far away from their trailer were you? They gave me a freq sheet for free because their credit card terminals weren't working lol. The frequency sheet doesn't list the Tones on it though, do they provide them via OTA or does their scanner search for them?

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
Did you do OTA for your RE at Daytona? If so, how far away from their trailer were you? They gave me a freq sheet for free because their credit card terminals weren't working lol. The frequency sheet doesn't list the Tones on it though, do they provide them via OTA or does their scanner search for them?
I wasn't at Daytona a friend was and used Ota from the garage and infield. The OTA will change during a weekend and I update mine multiple times. New tones or new frequency if local interference.
I keep wanting to save the OTA data and figure it out as. The trackscan branded radios will no longer update so I need to figure out there protocol. I was told it was a repeater. But I call bs as I've only ever found 1 freq no input and out.

Last edited:

jsachnet

I wasn't at Daytona a friend was and used Ota from the garage and infield
That's interesting. I saw something from RE saying to be within 100 feet of their trailer for the OTA to work. Looks like their transmitter is more powerful than they let on.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What frequency does RE use for the OTA? I'd like to capture the signal using an SDR and see if I can decode it. Why pay for it if they are braodcasting it for free for their own radios.

That would be interesting, not sure what format it would be in, I doubt LRRP, and not sure how DSD+ FL would decode it.

jsachnet

That would be interesting, not sure what format it would be in, I doubt LRRP, and not sure how DSD+ FL would decode it.
I've looked for all licenses associated to RE in the 450 to 470 range. They have a ton for all the Nascar tracks but they are all in the 450 to 470 range which I assume isn't where they transmit since the cars use that range. I'm going to take my portable specan and SDR to the next race in August and see if I can find what freq they transmit on from that trailer. I didn't want to bring that stuff since it was my first time and I didn't know if I'd get hassled at the gate, but my wife and I went through the security without getting wanded or having our bags looked through. But the track site says laptops and electronics are permitted.

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
It won't work with old trackscan radios anymore and it won't work with the ota programming some unidens had/have. Works beautifully on Re3000 and the Re Legends I own.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It won't work with old trackscan radios anymore and it won't work with the ota programming some unidens had/have. Works beautifully on Re3000 and the Re Legends I own.

The OP and I were speaking about his desire to try to decode it using a SDR dongle.