2051 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

can anyone tell me if theres a way to eliminate the state abbreviation while scanning conventional frequencies? I only have 2 bands used on this old scanner, with one bank being dedicated to chattanooga trunked system, it will scan that bank showing each talk group, then go to next bank where I have all my other frequencies loaded, however, it says GA, cant get rid of it, can only replace it with another state abbreviation, I know this doesnt effect what I have programmed on the bank......but........Im sick of seeing this!!
can anyone help with this?

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
You have to turn off that service search for the pre-programmed state search. It is tricky, I am thinking function + state or something like that. I just sold my 2051, so I can't play with it. I couldn't get the POL bank to come off either until I played around.

stevolene

I actually programmed it from the computer, you would have thought that in itself would have cancelled that service, its no wonder that RS discontinued this scanner

Bucko

Repeat pushing the func then the pvt buttons till you only have pvt showing on the display ONLY, this should get you to your banks you programed.

Status
Not open for further replies.