2055 Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as if Radioshack.com no longer offers the Pro2055...

(shrug)

Was out of stock for a while.. but now I guess we'll have to get it in stores.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well, if they won't support it for rebanding (to be determined), or can't keep up with all the display problem returns, it would be a good time to promote the PRO-433.

KLH

Feed Provider
I think they just took it off their website because they are out of stock at the warehouse at the moment.

It's not that they are not going to sell it anymore, since it is on sale this month.

Well, as a former employee of RadioShack... I'm suprised they pulled it... typically they'll leave it up there until they get stock back- This seems more serious to me, even if it was on sale.

Oh well...

I went to my local RadioShack to buy a new antenna for my scanner, and all they have now are all portable ones.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I needed a PRO 2055 and PRO 97 to replace a couple of broken scanners.... and the folks at tyhe Rat Shack I trust couldn't find it anywhere.... they called and the lady at ratshack.com and they kept pushing the PRO 433. I think the 2055 has gone the way of radial engines.... alas.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
unitcharlie said:
I needed a PRO 2055 and PRO 97 to replace a couple of broken scanners.... and the folks at tyhe Rat Shack I trust couldn't find it anywhere.... they called and the lady at ratshack.com and they kept pushing the PRO 433. I think the 2055 has gone the way of radial engines.... alas.

Strange that your local shack didn't find any 2055's in the computer from the other stores in your area?!?

Better get one now, it could end up being an eBay collectors item! ;)

Bucko

The 2055 is back up on Shacks website. If I remember correctly they did this with the 96 and everyone thought the 96 was out and a new model was on the way...

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If a new model was due to come out we would see it hit the FCC certification by now...

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
DaveIN said:
If a new model was due to come out we would see it hit the FCC certification by now...

Where abouts on the FCC website would you look for rough draft manuals and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.