2055 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFD118

I am using win 97 software to program a Mot type II system vhf (141 mhz) I am not able to input the base freq's without them being rounded off. When scanner is trunking audio is a normal level then other times audio is very low. Not sure if this is due to the freq's being rounded off? Also in open mode no talk groups are being heard.
My Question is can you stop the rounding off of the freq's some how?

Any help would be appreciated.
Bob

Last edited:

rpowley

EFD118 said:
I am using win 97 software to program a Mot type II system vhf (141 mhz) I am not able to input the base freq's without them being rounded off. When scanner is trunking audio is a normal level then other times audio is very low. Not sure if this is due to the freq's being rounded off? Also in open mode no talk groups are being heard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Bob - If your referring to Bell Fleetnet check out the Eastern Canada Forum. Quite a bit of info.

EFD118

Yes I am listening to the fleetnet in S Ont. Have been on that group but have not found a solution there.

rpowley

I played around with WIN 97, both manually and using the web import feature. I couldn't fix the rounding issue - maybe someone will have an answer - if it's possible. I did notice that the system in general has a lot of digital and some encrypted TG's.

TES

From the PRO-2055 manual:

Your scanner automatically rounds the entered frequency to the nearest valid
frequency. For example, if you enter a frequency of 151.53, your scanner accepts it
as 151.5275. Reception of the frequency will not be adversely affected.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
TES:
He is not referring to the frequency programmed in the bank, he is worried about the channel assignments resulting from a rounded BASE frequency in the custom table.

Interesting problem, it does not seem to exist in the Win96 or Win95/93 programs, all accept 141.0150 as a base frequency just fine. :confused:

If you are manually setting the Pro97/2055, does it round the table entry when you put it in?

EFD118

Have not tried it manually,I will try that. Also there does not seem to be a vhf setting for MoT trunking, only 800mhz ( splinter or normal) in the win 97 software.

It is 141.015 that is being rounded to 141.0125

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
EFD118 said:
Have not tried it manually,I will try that. Also there does not seem to be a vhf setting for MoT trunking, only 800mhz ( splinter or normal) in the win 97 software.

It is 141.015 that is being rounded to 141.0125
Well, I don't have Win97, (since Don is not likely to provide me a copy for nothing and I don't own a radio it would work on) so let me say that in Win95/93, there is no setting to say what frequency range you are using, it just is assumed that if you program VHF frequencies in a MOT bank with MOT as a frequency type that the system is VHF and will use the table.

In Win96 it is set up differently because of the ability to monitor P25, 9600 bps CCh's and standard 3600 bps CCh's.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
In the range 138.0000 - 143.9875 the PRO-2055 step size is 12.50 kHz. This is most compatible with US military systems but is not so good in Canada where a 5 kHz step is used. The PRO-96 uses a 5 kHz step size in this frequency range. Neither radio has an adjustable step size which is something Radio Shack needs to correct in whatever the next model is. In any case getting within 2.5 kHz is usually close enough for the radio to work.

If you have Win97, the step sizes for every frequency range are tabulated in the SR6 Limit Search tab. The PRO-97 manual does not provide detailed step size listings for the VHF Hi band although it should.

There is no mention of how to program VHF-Hi Motorola trunked systems in the PRO-97 manual. It appears that the PRO-97 will not track those systems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.