2055 Manual TG Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a 2055 (and don't have it nearby as I read the manual), how do I "park" on a talkgroup of interest ? (Tried previously to no avail)
It looks like (from the book) I can punch the Scan button to have it stop scanning on a TG when that TG is active (and punch Scan again to resume scanning). (Kinda counterintuitive, I'm used to Manual or Hold--my other scanners are Uniden)
What if a particular TG is not currently transmitting but I want to get to that TG and park the scanner awaiting activity?
Thanx for your help.

n2mdk

On an active talkgroup hold the T key for a second or so, or hit the PSE key.
To hold manually hit PGM T find the TGID you want with the up/down keys then hit FUNC T

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking at a picture of it....
Soooo T key, would that be the 8 key ?
What is a PSE key ?
Thanx, how did you find this out?

n2mdk

OK on the 2055 the T is the Trunk key the PSE is the Pause, I was using the keypad on my 97 for reference
The PGM is Program

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Excellent! & Thanx.
Was this info in the 97's manual or did you just mash on keys until something worked?
(seems like a lot of things happen on this radio by hitting the right cryptic key right after Function...ugh).

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, been looking at the alternative manual, didn't cover this.
One of my other scanners is a Uniden 898, users like myself have squealed for a long time for an corrected and clearer manual, some have even said they were going to write it but, I haven't seen anything; many of the buttons functions aren't mentioned at all.
There are so dang many buttons on it, 90% of which you use 1/2 dozen times in the scanner's lifetime.
Others that you use constantly are shared functions, hold it the wrong way and you get unintended consequences, example, wanna dim the display? press the button, oops, you attenuated.
Wanna switch between your banks and groups within banks display, oops hold the wrong button too long and you have unintended consequences. Anyway, Thanx much. I'll try this soon as I'm in the car on the way home from work.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.