2096 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

Just got my 2096 back from RS after a month.When I sent it in I could not here any conv freqs at all , digital was great now that i got it back conv freqs is super and no digital at all. It stops on the cc and shows the tg but no voice.They said they replaced the PC board at 177 dollars.They said they checked vhf and uhf and are working fine,wish they would have checked digital freqs. Well looks like 2096 gone for another month.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
"It stops on the cc and shows the tg but no voice."

Sounds like you've programmed it wrong, it needs to be set up as MO with the bank as MO too. You must have it conventional if it's stopping on the control channel, so it's a progrmming error and not radio problem.

HOLEBILLY

I programmed it with win 96 and did program the bank as MO that have the digital freqs . I programmed the banks with conv freqs as conv.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
did you also set the CC and frequencies at MOT? You have to set both the frequency and the bank as MOT.

HOLEBILLY

Yes I did. I also taled to the RS tech that worked on my radio,he said he put the wrong rf pc board in to send it back and he would put the right one in.

HOLEBILLY

2096 problem fixed

Well I just got word from radio shack and they told me to go get a new 2096 on them, they said they could not fix the problem.So after almost two months without my radio I quess I get a brand new one.

jeffrey420

HOLEBILLY said:
Well I just got word from radio shack and they told me to go get a new 2096 on them, they said they could not fix the problem.So after almost two months without my radio I quess I get a brand new one.

Great! I hope this one works out for you.

firemanar

Problems with my 2096

I am having simial problems. The CC on mine on the Arkansas AWIN hangs up on digital. Before and after the transmission you hear the computer noise. Has anyone else had this problem also it takes about 3 mins before my scanner will even load past the DSP Screen to scan.

SLWilson

My 2096 deaf on VHF-Hi....

HOLEBILLY said:
Just got my 2096 back from RS after a month.When I sent it in I could not here any conv freqs at all , digital was great now that i got it back conv freqs is super and no digital at all.

I have a 2096 that "seems to be deaf" on VHF-Hi band freqs unless the signal is "very close" to the radio....I have an outside antenna and it hears the Ohio trunked system very well. I can hear CC's from towers in 3 counties on the outside antenna, but, VHF-Hi just isn't worth a darn!!!! With the pull-up factory antenna, I can only hear one trunked site that is close to me....The VHF-Hi freqs actually do come in a little better on the pull-up antenna than the outside one....Go figure THAT one !!!!!

Granted, I didn't buy it to hear Hi band, but, you'd think that for the price, it WOULD have a little better RX than it does!!!!

Steve/Gallia :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.