2096 program question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
hopefully someone can aid their help in this area, i am trying to program MOT II smartzone and where it asks to input Base Spacing Offset i can enter the first set fine, but their are 3 diff ones for my area (southwestern ontario, essex county, Bell fleetnet zone 1) I do not have the WIN96 software which i know makes things easier,but we do not have a radio shack here so i cannot get the programming cable, so i am programming manually....Looked in the manual but all it says for inputting several ones is to use the software to be able to take advantage of "special features"...So just wondering if anyone knows how to do this manually?? Thanks for any help or direction

N8IAA

hopefully someone can aid their help in this area, i am trying to program MOT II smartzone and where it asks to input Base Spacing Offset i can enter the first set fine, but their are 3 diff ones for my area (southwestern ontario, essex county, Bell fleetnet zone 1) I do not have the WIN96 software which i know makes things easier,but we do not have a radio shack here so i cannot get the programming cable, so i am programming manually....Looked in the manual but all it says for inputting several ones is to use the software to be able to take advantage of "special features"...So just wondering if anyone knows how to do this manually?? Thanks for any help or direction

Not to sound rude, but, why don't you ask in the Canadian forum? There are people more qualified to aswer your questions on the system you wish to program into the scanner:)
Larry

DELCOLHFC

The ONLY way to program multi-tables is by using Win96, there is no way to do it manually. Check out RadioShavk's website or Ebay to pick up a programming cable online.

DELCOLHFC

The ONLY way to program multi-tables is by using Win96, there is no way to do it manually. Check out RadioShavk's website or Ebay to pick up a programming cable online.

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Not to sound rude, but, why don't you ask in the Canadian forum? There are people more qualified to aswer your questions on the system you wish to program into the scanner:)
Larry

ok reason its not put in the eastern canada section is due to the fact its about programming a 2096 and it would prob get moved here

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
ya seen that thread and read it over but i have to enter mutliple bases,offsets,and spacing unless i am misisng something somewhere and the replies from this thread it appears only the software can do this

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
ya seen that thread and read it over but i have to enter mutliple bases,offsets,and spacing unless i am misisng something somewhere and the replies from this thread it appears only the software can do this
That is exactly correct, you will need Win96 from starrsoft. You will also need this programming cable from Radio Shack or this from GRE. The cables differ only by color.

Status
Not open for further replies.