2096 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Ok just finished up programming my 2096 my question is, is it better to have 2 differnet trunked systems on different banks, i know the 2096 u can have 2 different trunked but seperate with a conv...What i have done is i am monitoring the Detroit P-25 system, i have put mutual aid,western wayne,and eastern wayne on the same beings they are both smartzone,seperated each with a conv (1299.000) now i think it is working because i don't hear any of the control channels, it does pick up mutual aid have heard stuff on that,as for the eastern and western have not heard anything as of yet, just wondering cause say when ur programming u have like 20 channels left over in a bank (to me seems like a waste) instead of programming each trunking system in seperate banks...Just wondering what is the best way to do this?

Highpockets

Ok just finished up programming my 2096 my question is, is it better to have 2 differnet trunked systems on different banks, i know the 2096 u can have 2 different trunked but seperate with a conv...What i have done is i am monitoring the Detroit P-25 system, i have put mutual aid,western wayne,and eastern wayne on the same beings they are both smartzone,seperated each with a conv (1299.000) now i think it is working because i don't hear any of the control channels, it does pick up mutual aid have heard stuff on that,as for the eastern and western have not heard anything as of yet, just wondering cause say when ur programming u have like 20 channels left over in a bank (to me seems like a waste) instead of programming each trunking system in seperate banks...Just wondering what is the best way to do this?

If your not going to fill up all the banks, I like to seperate each in it's own bank, you have better control over what's going on. It's easier to turn off a bank so you don't miss any action, if one has something major going on. To each his own I guess, some like to set it up the way you have it if space is an issue.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
space isn't really a issue just a waste of some 20 channels that have nothing programmed in, monitoring like 8 trunked systems,was just curious...anyone else with any feedback? also just wondering does it affect the scanner in anyway of doing this?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
space isn't really a issue just a waste of some 20 channels that have nothing programmed in, monitoring like 8 trunked systems,was just curious...anyone else with any feedback? also just wondering does it affect the scanner in anyway of doing this?
This process is limited to Motorola and P25 trunking systems.
I recall suggesting in your other thread to only program multi site controls of one system (such as Bell Fleet). The scanner works very will with multi site controls but very poorly with multi system controls.

Won't harm the scanner with multi system but the scanner tends to acquire a control and stay with that system, rarely looks for other controls. You have another problem with this attempt even if it worked well...how to manage and use the talkgroups of all systems programmed. The purpose of extra channels is not for multi system, but instead for multi site use or conventional freqs.

However, if you are traveling and go out of range of a system control, the scanner will acquire a second control in that bank (even without the dummy FM freq) and scan that system or you can even lockout a control acquired and it will go to the next. Open Mode scanning is suggested if using this method.

With multi site single system, it tends to look for subsequent controls (better with the dummy FM freq) during no activity of current control. No activity infers no voice or even no data with multi-packet systems like VA STARS. Multi site programming works very well during travel throughout large area or statewide MOT/P25 systems...Bell Fleet for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.