2096 Squelch when "Toned"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a question that might be silly don't know but I'm going to ask anyway. I have two banks set up in my 2096 with ONLY hits in my area with TONES so I have the squelch totally off when I listen to those two banks ONLY. I've noticed with the squelch all the way down it scans like very slow , I can turn it to about oh 11 o'clock and it scans normally or faster anyway , when I turn it all the way it's like lightning...question is why is that ? squelch controls speed ?

:confused:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Basically, with the squelch open, the 2096 stops on each channel, but with the tone programmed into each channel not found, the radio continues on to each channel looking for the tone. Once you turn the squelch up past the threshold, it only stops when the squelch is opened, and then looks for the tone.

ScanDaBands

Banned
DaveIN said:
Basically, with the squelch open, the 2096 stops on each channel, but with the tone programmed into each channel not found, the radio continues on to each channel looking for the tone. Once you turn the squelch up past the threshold, it only stops when the squelch is opened, and then looks for the tone.
Oh ok so even though I have the tone in , it still searches for one ? I thought if you had the tone in it wouldn't even stop on the frequency unless it was that particular tone being used.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It has to see if the tone matches the one you programmed, once the squelch is opened.

ScanDaBands

Banned
DaveIN said:
It has to see if the tone matches the one you programmed, once the squelch is opened.
Gotchya so it's best to just have it set like you do in conventional with no tones I take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.