20976 on Palm800

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan

Database Admin
There is currently a lot of activity on TG 20976 on Palmetto 800. Units are taking samples in Spartanburg county and talking about stains along the road. We have this listed as DPS 2, but it sure doesn't sound like it. I'm hearing it on Paris Mountain right now. It sounds more like DHEC or EMD. Listen out.

jamiewmorris

Evan, that was one of the channels I submitted for change to the database a few months ago to that tg being DHEC emergency response team talkgroup,and that is the one you questioned me on, but was not able to confirm since I couldn't get back to that person with the radio that i got it from, but I think those comms would make it more realistic being DHEC ERT than any DPS.

Last edited:

khubbard

this has todo with the toxic waste that was found around the town of Lyman. clean up to start today

evan

Database Admin
jamiewmorris said:
Evan, that was one of the channels I submitted for change to the database a few months ago to that tg being DHEC emergency response team talkgroup,and that is the one you questioned me on, but was not able to confirm since I couldn't get back to that person with the radio that i got it from, but I think those comms would make it more realistic being DHEC ERT than any DPS.
Thanks for reminding me, I seemed to remember that the TG had been associated with DHEC but I couldn't remember when/where. The problem is, it was listed as DPS 2 because that's how it came out of someone else's radio. Considering the traffic on it though, I think your submission is the accurate one. Now we've got to figure out what DPS 2 is.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
What a crazy situation. Someone spilled this hazardous acidic liquid used in electroplating processes over 13 miles of roads in western Sptg County. DHEC and EPA are still trying to figure out how to clean it up. It has stained cars' paint and DHEC has set up a car wash at the Spartanburg County landfill. 2 people have now been arrested.

On Thursday morning, I heard 52336 active on Cell 19 Fairforest, that's the old DHEC statewide talkgroup. Not sure if it was related to this event or not. Seems like the cleanup will be going on for a while.

So who knows what the correct group for DSP 2 is?

Viking1

Spilled? No try dumped.. Industrial electroplating solutions usually contain and acid hydrocloric acid one or more of the following metals, nickel, copper, cadmium and cyanide.... Nasty stuff...

stryper2000

yeah some Dumb@$$ couple dumped it all over the place. DHEC and EPA are down there trying to contain it all and even offered to Wash down everyone's cars who drove through the mess unknowingly

Status
Not open for further replies.