220MHz getting even scarcer

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
That's good to know, I glanced at it in the HRO catalog and I guess I misread it.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
You had me scared for a moment…10 watts out be a never mind for me!
Remember you can put 50% more antenna in the same space vs. 2m. I got some impressive results with a 10W FT-127RA and a few elements, or even just an Isopole, back in the dark ages. :)

seastream

I've had the Alinco DR-CS25 for some months now. Dunno where it was actually built, but it was built well. The manual is well written, with little 'chinglish'. Programming from the mic/panel is quite possible (obviously via computer would be faster), which is rare with the lesser brands. I wish I'd bought the DJ-G29T when they were out. There's a couple 900 machines with some activity I could hit.

smiller00

Both the Anytone 578 and 878 models (of any vintage) support Mode 14, but it will not appear in the mode select menu unless a password is entered. Note that on the 878 Mode 14 is kind of a hack since the radio doesn't really support 220 (low Rx sensitivity and no Tx), but on the 578 Mode 14 provides full amateur/commercial band coverage along with 220.